Jun 7  # 1 of 17
What kind of flavors of cream cheese do you guys usually eat? i love the philadelphia cream cheese 1/3 less fat garden veggie.
Jun 7  # 2 of 17
smoked salmon--actually put that on crackers more than bagels.
But, top the bagel and cream cheese off with cold smoked salmon, red onion and capers--damn I am boring right?

But also like cream cheese with a smidgen of raspberry jam.

Not cream cheese, but a bagel sandwich with cheddar or pepperjack, scrambled eggs. tomato, sprouts or???

love me some bagels,

Nan
Jun 7  # 3 of 17
I use good old fashioned regular - and I can add what I want to it.

For something different and easy - try beating a 4-serving size pkg. of jello in 16 oz. softened cream cheese. Cover and refrigerate to allow flavors to develop - serve with fruits, crackers and cookies.

Try squeezing some fresh lemon and orange juice into softened cream cheese and blend well; add a handful of chopped pecans.

Add this to an 8 oz. brick of softened cream cheese:
First variation:
2 ounces smoked salmon, diced
1/2 teaspoon horseradish
1 tablespoon finely chopped chives

Second Variation:
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
1 tablespoon chopped flat-leafed parsley
1 teaspoon lemon juice

Third variation:
1/2 cup mashed, ripe strawberries or raspberries
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons orange juice

or try adding a mashed banana, a squeeze of lemon and some chopped walnuts

add some salsa and cilantro

2 cloves garlic
2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, soften
1 cup butter, soften
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1/4 teaspoon dried dill
1/4 teaspoon dried basil
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1/4 teaspoon dried marjoram
1/2 teaspoon black pepper

In a food processor, add garlic and process until finely chopped, stopping once to scrape down sides.
Add the remaining ingredients and process until smooth, stopping twice to scrape down sides.
(You may use only 1 clove of garlic, if you prefer).

1 green onion, cut in 1-inch pieces
1/4 c. parsley leaves
4-5 basil leaves (optional)
1/4 clove garlic
1 (8 oz.) cream cheese

Chop onion, parsley, basil and garlic in food processor until finely minced. Add cream cheese and blend. Serve with crackers or on bagels or toast.

1 (8 oz) jalepeno jelly (or red pepper jelly)
1 (8 oz) pkg. cream cheese, softened

Pour jelly over cream cheese and serve with crackers. Ritz or any buttery type work well. It is definitely on the spicy side, so if you don't want too spicy, look for or make your own milder version of the jelly.

8 oz cream cheese
16 oz can crushed pineapple, drained
ΒΌ cup powdered sugar
8 oz cool whip

Mix all ingredients together well. Refrigerate for at least two hours. Serve as a dip for fresh strawberries, or as a spread for crackers.

(Mama loves cream cheese!)
Jun 10  # 4 of 17
I also like the strawberry 1/3 less fat cream cheese. has anyone tried the 1/3 less fat from Philadelphia Cream Cheese?
Jun 10  # 5 of 17
Hi COAP,

I have tried alot of their 1/3 less fat cream cheese spreads and like them all, bu I tend to favor the plain ole' Philly Cream Cheese best! And I love it on bagles. Bagels are the best!!!

The combo MamaM mentioned for a spread for Ritz crackers: a little cream cheese and pepper jelly (and I add a little Pick-a-Peppa sauce too!) is so tasty, hope you get to try it some day, you won't be disappointed! I guess I just about just am crazy for cream cheese in any form!

Cathy