1/2 Cup White Flour
1.5 Cups Buttermilk
1 Egg
1/2 tsp Baking soda
1/2 tsp Salt
2 tsp Sugar
1 tsp Vegetable Oil, for pan frying

Preparation:

Using a whisk or an electric mixer, mix the egg, salt and sugar in a mixing bowl, then add buttermilk. Combine the flour and baking soda in a separate bowl, then add to the liquid mixture. Mix again until you have an even consistency. Heat the frying pan and add vegetable oil to the pan. Scoop the mixture with a table spoon and put it on the pan. Put about 2-2.5' 6-7 pancakes at once. Fry till golden brown, turning then with the spatula. Repeat frying process until all of your batter is used.

Serving suggestions:

Serve with sour cream, maple syrup, honey, or your favorite fruit preserve.
Sep 6  # 2 of 20
I love buttermilk pancakes and want to make these tomorrow morning. I am sure they are good I will let you know how we like them.
Sep 6  # 3 of 20
These sound good. Thanks, Cookie :)
Sep 7  # 4 of 20
Hope you like them, if you serve them with a fruit preserve, try a liquid consistency preserve, like sour cherry, our favorite.
Also I personally prefer she syrup or preserve on the side, dipping pancakes as I eat them, this way they don't get soggy.
Sep 7  # 5 of 20
Thank you,dipping is a great idea! I never heard of putting sour cream on pancakes before with preserves. I know I'll Love that. I just put some lite syrup & light whip cream with a sprinkle of cinnamon. I have to get some wheat flour before I can make this. Thanks again for the recipe. Cookie :)