Nov 17  # 1 of 9
Here's a breakfast recipe for those military people in your life.

This is a pared down version of the famous "SOS" to serve 8 people or 2 hungry Marines!

ENJOY!

Camp LeJeune SOS

1/2 lb Ground Beef (ground chuck for flavor)
1 tbs Bacon fat (lard/Crisco or butter)
3 tbs Flour
2 Cups whole milk (Add more milk if you want it thinner)
1/8 tsp each of salt & pepper (to taste)
8 slices of dry toast

Using a large skillet (12"-14"), crumble and brown the ground beef with the fat and salt. Remove the pan from the heat and let cool slightly. Mix in the flour until all of the meat is covered,using all of the flour. Replace the skillet on the heat and stir in the milk, keep stirring until the mixture comes to a boil and thickens (boil a minimum of 1 minute)
Serve over toast. Salt & pepper to taste

SEMPER FI!
Nov 17  # 2 of 9
Great recipe to share Kerch!!! My Marine loves me to make SOS!!!! And so we have it often, and I prefer mine over homemade biscuits, there have been occasions where he will ask me to stir in some frozen english peas. There really is nothing that beats putting a little Hot Sauce on like it goes on SOS!
Nov 17  # 3 of 9
I agree Cathy. It's great with hot sauce.
I always ate mine over my homefries with 2 over easy eggs on top of everything and used my toast to sop every thing up with.

What memories.........
Nov 17  # 4 of 9
How long were you in?

I may just have to give your way of eating SOS a try it sounds wickedly delicious and "fattening" hee-hee!

Of-course you are aware that this past week was the Marine Corp. Birthday!?! [Nov. 10th] And my Marine celebrated by purchasing himself a new pocket knife that has all the Gadgets!!!

"Once a Marina always a Marine!" My guy was in 8 yrs. loved it to no end and wishes he never got out!

SEMPER FI !!!
Nov 18  # 5 of 9
Hi, I'm a Navy veteran who hasn't had any SOS since I left the Navy back in 1965. Thanks for posting a recipe for it. :)