12 oz Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
4 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 tsp salt
cayenne pepper to taste
3 tbs. butter, melted and cooled

Brown the sausage in a skillet over medium heat, stirring until crumbly. Remove and drain well. Lightly grease a 1 quart souffle dish and spread 1/3 of bread cubes in dish and sprinkle 1/3 of the cheese. Top with sausage, the remaining bread cubes and 1/3 of the cheese, press layers lightly.

Combine the eggs, milk, Dijon mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and cayenne pepper in a bowl and whisk until smooth. Pour over the layers and top with the remaining cheese. Drizzle the butter over it. Chill, covered, in refrigerator for 1 - 24 hours. Bring to room temperature. Place dish in a larger pan and fill pan halfway up with water. Bake at 350* for 1 - 1 1/4 hours or until golden brown and set. Yield: 4 servings

This is a delicious recipe and is good to make ahead and cook for Christmas morning breakfast:)

Julie
Dec 10  # 2 of 4
Yummy!!! I like to make casserole style breakfast for Christmas morning. This is a good one!
Dec 10  # 3 of 4
I like it because I can prepare it the night before and just pop it in the oven while Josh and I open presents. It allows me to enjoy "being in the moment" instead of the kitchen:)

Julie
Jan 12  # 4 of 4
That sounds unique..maybe I can try that at home..^ ^..I love sausage with cheese and ketchup in bread.