What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How Many Folks here Preapre a Special

well, I am usually at sea and it's a workday, but make it a bit special depending on crew do a sausage and grits or a shrimp and grits casserole, or a ham and cheese strata (with asparagus or spinach, or crepes with spinach and bacon filling, or eggs bene, cardamon coffee cake.
thats a fun breakfast!
Merry Christmas,
Nan

Traditionally there is no cooking on Christmas day since there is always a ton of leftover food from the night before. Everyone would get up (or arrive) at their own schedule and just grab what they wanted if they were hungry. Christmas Day is always Santa and the kids. Adults usually sit off to the side and gossip if it is quiet enough.

This year I had a cheese danish and smoked sausage and OJ here at work, Cathy. When I'm home I like making a baked sour-apple/sausage/cheddar strata...

We had or Baked Cheese Crepe's and bacon as planned, I only make these at Christmas time, and they are such a treat I actually crave them on Christmas morning!

French Toast Brulee

French Toast Brulee

1/2 cup unsalted butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
6 (1 inch thick) slices French bread
5 eggs
1 1/2 cups half-and-half cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon orange brandy
1/4 teaspoon salt

Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Mix in brown sugar
and corn syrup, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Pour into a 9x13
inch baking dish.

Remove crusts from bread, and arrange in the baking dish in a single
layer. In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, half and half, vanilla
extract, orange brandy, and salt. Pour over the bread. Cover, and
chill at least 8 hours, or overnight.

Preheat oven to 350F. Remove the dish from the refrigerator, and
bring to room temperature. Bake uncovered 35 to 40 minutes in the
preheated oven, until puffed and lightly browned.

Back