1 1/2 sticks butter
1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese
3 tsp. salt
1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped fine
3 eggs
1 cup water

Directions:

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.

Cook grits according to package directions, using 6 cups of water. Add butter, cheese, salt and jalapeno pepper to grits. Beat the eggs and add them plus the 1 cup of water to grits. Mix well. Place mixture in a greased baking dish and bake 40 to 50 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare sausage gravy:

Ingredients:

1 lb. sausage meat.
3 tbls. all-purpose flour
1 1/2 C water
1 C milk
1/8 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. Worcestershire sauce

Directions:

Break the sausage into small bits in a skillet. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pinkness is gone. Drain all but 3 tbls. of the drippings. Add the flour to the warm sausage and drippings, stirring thoroughly. Mix the water, milk, garlic powder and Worcestershire sauce together and slowly add it to the meat mixture, stirring constantly over low heat until gravy reaches desired consistency. Serve with hot grits. A breakfast fit for a King! :D:D
Sep 22  # 2 of 7
I am a great fan of grits, Just about anyway you fix them. And whats not to like about sausage or gravy. Or sausage in the gravy. Not bad on biscuits either. I also like grits with butter and syrup or sugar. Yeah, I know I am a little weird. CF
Sep 22  # 3 of 7
Morning, CF - My very favourite way to indulge in grits is with plenty of butter - and salt and pepper to taste! Addition of any herbs that come to mind (or hand) is also a good thing. Never did much like putting syrup on them, though.
Just add some ham, sausage or bacon and an "over easy" egg or two and I'm all set for breakfast. This morning I went with a Spanish omlette, utilizing some chopped tomatoes, onions and green pepper that I had left over from bruschetta I'd made two nights ago and some shredded cheddar and there you go. Put salsa on top and it's fit for a king! Or queen, take your pick. Also made some banana/nut muffins (with plenty of butter and served hot) and pots of coffee enough to drown in. Now that I'm back in the land of clogged arteries I can indulge myself in all the foods that make them snap shut!

katie:D:D
Sep 22  # 4 of 7
Happy to see you here. I was beginning to think I was all alone. The forum has been super quite. Guess all are busy. I checked this morning, the forum had 1 member (me) and 39 guest.. That makes no sense at all. I am also the only blogger. I was thinking that the blog was a super idea. Oh Well
Grits, I have eaten them all my life. When I was a boy we made our own. Nothing better with eggs than grits. Hows Ian? CF:)
Sep 22  # 5 of 7
How's Ian? Cranky and pig-headed, unforgiving as ever but nonetheless, he's one of mine and I adore them all!! Ian graduates and marries in November and then heads up north to the Mt. Washington Hotel to do his internship - and then he's all done and a first-rate chef. Thanks for asking. :D
katie