Aug 4  # 1 of 4
A whatchacallit is whatever - whatever you make because you are hungry, it's too hot to even boil water for tea, and you are just miserable because of the heat! LOL

I am DYING for homemade bread, homemade cinnamon/raisin bread, and homemade oatmeal raisin bread. I tried making it in the middle of the night last month and I thought I was going to die - it's the humidity that is doing it as well. So I am praying for snow.

Yesterday I stopped at the store to pick up something and they had a table with loaves of cinnamon/raisin bread. Should I or shouldn't I? Well I did.

Breakfast was quick and simple - I made french toast with it. and sprinkled with a bit of cinnamon/sugar mixture instead of the confectioners' sugar or maple syrup.

Thank heaven they slice their bread sickly thin and it fried up in just a few minutes.
Aug 4  # 2 of 4
Mama, I can relate to the heat. As you may know we have had over 100° each day for over a month now. Today weather dude says 110°. No rain in site. I am staying inside, air running wide open. Electric bill looks like our national debt. Not much cooking going on. CF:)
Sep 9  # 3 of 4
I'm getting hungry for some cinnamon raisin bread - will try Frenching it
for something different. I have a son coming home to visit this weekend
and know he'd love it. Thanks for the tip.

Johnny W.
Sep 10  # 4 of 4
I hope he likes it! Enjoy!