Oct 21  # 1 of 7
Neapolitan Ice Cream Sandwich Cake

1 (10.3/4-ounce) frozen loaf pound cake, partially thawed
2 cups vanilla ice cream, slightly softened and divided use
2 tablespoons Strawberry Syrup
2 tablespoons Chocolate Syrup

1. Remove cake from foil pan; line pan with plastic wrap.
2. With serrated knife, slice cake horizontally into 3 layers; place bottom cake layer into prepared pan and place in freezer.
3. Stir together 1 cup ice cream and strawberry syrup in small bowl; spread over cake layer in pan. Gently place second cake layer on top of strawberry mixture; immediately return to freezer.
4. Stir together remaining 1 cup ice cream and chocolate syrup in small bowl; spread over cake layer in pan. Top with third cake layer; cover and freeze until firm.
5. Serve frozen, cut into slices. Cover; freeze leftover cake.

Makes about 8 servings.
Oct 21  # 2 of 7
This sounds so good I wish that I had everything here to make this right now because I would be in there making it. Yummy I am going to get everything that I need for this the next shopping trip that I take I can't wait.
Jan 10  # 3 of 7
My daughter would LOVE this. She loves ice cream cake.

I had never even though of makin it at home.
Jan 11  # 4 of 7
Whenever I try one of these I just end up making a HUGE mess. Soupy cakey part, runny ice cream part, and crap all over my table! Any suggestions?
Jan 11  # 5 of 7
Leneyloo - first of all - make sure you use a serrated knife and that the cake is partially thawed - less crumbs that way. The ice cream should be slightly softened - not custardy. If the cake layers (after cutting) are placed back in the freezer and kept frozen - there should be no mess when spreading the ice cream. If you are having trouble with mixing the ice cream and syrup you can do one of two things: Combine thoroughly (which may make the ice cream runny) and in that case - freeze the ice cream again before trying to spread it on the cake - just don't freeze it rock hard - you need to work with it. Or - drizzle the syrup on the frozen cake and spread with a spatula - freeze until firm, then top with softened ice cream, place back in the freezer until ice cream is firm and spread with more syrup, top with second frozen layer of cake and repeat the process using the other flavor of syrup or the same flavor - depending on your taste. You will have to keep freezing in between each step to prevent a sloppy mess. And if you really want to get brave with this recipe - after it is finished and frozen - remove cake from pan and remove plastic wrap - drizzle a ganache or syrup over and freeze again. and you can decorate with nuts or candies.

I hope this helps.