Ingredients:

3 egg yolks
1/3 C sugar
3 tbls. cornstarch
1 1/3 C milk
2 tbls. butter
1 tsp. vanilla
12 2 1/2-inch baked vanilla cupcakes
1 6-oz pkg. semisweet chocolate pieces (1 cup)
1/2 C whipping cream

Directions:

For vanilla cream, in a small bowl lightly beat egg yolks, set aside. In a medium saucepan combine sugar and cornstarch. Whisk in milk. Cook and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.

Gradually stir about 1 C of the hot mixture into the egg yolks, stirring constantly. Return all the mixture to the saucepan. Cook and stir until bubbly. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more. Remove from heat. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in vanilla. Cover surface with plastic wrap. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours.

To assemble, using a serated knife, cut each vanilla cupcake horizontally in half. Spoon 1 heaping tbls. of vanilla cream onto the cut side of each cupcake bottom. Replace cupcake tops. Place cupcakes on a wire rack set over waxed paper.

For ganache, in a medium microwave-safe bowl microwave chocolate pieces and whipping cream on 100 percent power (high) for 1 to 2 minutes or until chocolate is almost melted. Stir until smooth.

Spoon ganache over cupcakes. Let stand until chocolate is set. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour before serving. These are super!! :):)
May 20  # 2 of 3
I love anything with vanilla..:p Thank you
May 20  # 3 of 3
Good morning, Sweetie - I, too, love the taste of Vanilla! I hope you and your family enjoy these little goodies. Katie :):)