Sep 12  # 1 of 14
I have been telling Kev about my car troubles last week. Jon thought he had it taken care of and the thing wont start again this evening. It did it when we were leaving his Moms. We had gone down there so she could tell he where all of the pet food and everything is cause they are going on vacation this week.
So when we went to leave the car was dead again. It is either my ignition switch or a battery going bad. Since it wont start right in his Moms driveway there is no way I can get Jon's Dad to go look at it :rolleyes: We are hoping the battery is the issue and it will start tomorrow so I can get it home.
On the bright side his stepdad let me borrow his 2000 explorer to drive this week so I could take care of their pets. It was either that or they cancel their trip. So while I have their truck I am going to drive to SAMS club Monday. They told me to take it where ever I wanted and I have my birthday money burning a hole in my pocket.
The way my luck is going I will wreck their truck before they get home.
Sep 13  # 2 of 14
Quote jglass wrote:
The way my luck is going I will wreck their truck before they get home.

Now don't say that sweetie. Older cars are at the least challenging!!!

Maybe someday soon your Ma-In-Law will see fit to bless you both with that 2000 Ford Explorer! I wish I could just give you mine, if I did not work I would be sure to do that!!! Janie just keep your chin up and don't let it all get you down honey, I know cars are hard to deal with!:o A big ole' pain in the pattotie ya' might say!!! But we can not let it get to us, they are after all older and just not quite as dependable. We all get that way as we get older;)
Sep 13  # 3 of 14
Thanks Hon. They wouldnt have even let us borrow their truck if they hadnt had to have me take care of their cat and dog while they are gone. His Mom said they had either two choices let me borrow their truck or cancel their trip. I can promise you as soon as they return Wed they will want it back lol.

Atleast we got the battery charged up enough to get it back to Jon's Dads house so he could check it out for me. They think it is either the ignition or the alternator not keeping a charge on the battery. I told them I can check my oil, water, brake fluid and power steering fluid. Anything else is greek to me.
Im gonna use his stepdads truck to run over to SAMS in the morning. They are not due back til Wed but they always end up coming back early. I wanna get over there while I have their truck.
Sep 15  # 4 of 14
I got my trip to SAMS yesterday. I went to a Kmart near it that was closing to check out their sales. Found a nice cheesecake pan there for $9. At SAMS I got some salad, tomatoes, 3 giant bags of candy for my girls halloween, onions & garlic. They had pork loin boneless for $1.34 a pound so I got an 8 pound loin. Cut it in half and stuck it into the freezer for a couple of Sunday suppers. They were giving out samples of applewood smoked chicken sausages that were delish. I got a pack of them to.
I took my favortie fella to the chinese restaurant we both love and hit Big Lots and Krogers on the way home. Big Lots was a bust. They didnt have much.

I picked up some fancy olives from Krogers olive bar for a couple of pasta dish recipes I want to try. When the guy rang up my olives and two .50 bottle of water he told me it was gonna be $27.80! The olives were $6.99 a pound and I had just a little over 1/2 a pound. I said I think you made a mistake. I havent met anything in here Im gonna pay $26 a pound for. I told him I wasnt real happy about paying $6.99 a pound for them lol.

Jon's Dad thinks it was the battery connections that were causing me the problem. They had tons of corrision on them. He has driven it around town a bunch today and said it was doing fine for him. This evening after I feed the pets at Jon's Mama's Im gonna call his Dad and have him pick us up down by the driveway and leave their SUV at their place. They are supposed to return late tomorrow evening so it will be there when they get home. My car is already at Jon's Dads. His Mom lives less than a quarter a mile down the road from his Daddy.
Sep 15  # 5 of 14
I.m darn glad to hear it was something simple!!! Happy for you two, I hate unexpected auto repairs!:mad: