What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rick???????

I host my pics with an online hosting site like tinypic.com
Copy and paste the address in the middle box into your posts on this fourm. The box in the middle is labled IMG code for forums and message boards.

Sounds like you've got good advice Mama. I use photobucket myself. Just watch the size you upload to. I'm not sure on other hosting sites but on photobucket you have a choice of which size your pics will upload to. Also most sights will give you tags for each pic. You want to use the tags that start and end with that works well for every forum I go to.

I can't wait to see your pics [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v465/19suburban96/smileys/man1ger.gif

Mama, at Multiply, when I do a recipe blog, I type out the blog and use the features to insert the pictures from my computer into the blog where I want them. If I want to post the recipe and pictures here I can just copy and paste the blog recipe from there to here. All the hotmail codes and such are already in the post from the blog.

That's a bit easier than using a blog, writing it and putting pictures into it, then hitting the button on the edit bar to make it code for you, then copying and pasting that here.

Ok Mama, now that we have that working, we need to work on you getting me a bowl of that chicken soup down here in Georgia
drool5.gif

it's a "waste-not" soup - I got a rich broth from those chickens - the last half hour or so of baking the birds I turned them upside down and then transferred them to the serving platter that way - made it fast and easy to rip the carcass off and get rid of all the bones, the back, etc. because it was hot and fresh out of the oven (beats trying to do the same when cool) - then just turn over when the back is cleaned off and pulled off the skin and tossed it in the soup pot - within a few minutes of taking them from the oven my soup was on the stove and we were enjoying our meal - after dinner I got the kitchen cleaned up while the soup continued to simmer - once strained I placed it in the fridge overnight so any fat would rise to the top to skim off the next day (don't forget - I did add a bit of butter to the water in the bottom of the roasting pan and rubbed a bit on the skin - although I really didn't have much fat to skim)

next day - add whatever you want - freeze some of the broth for future meals/use -
sometimes I like to add noodles to a veggie soup - it woud have still been hearty without them - and you can add couscous, barley, rice, tortellini, gnocchi, rags (thick homemade noodles which I absolutely love)

Last edited:
thank you Janie - but by doing that, can someone else use them?

anything publicly posted on the internet can be copied - do not believe any statements to the contrary. anything "privately" posted on the internet is only safe from the last hacker who failed.

if you don't want the risk of seeing your picture used on the side of a bus, do not post it on the internet.

hosting sites that have "private" feature means you must give each individual the acct ID & password and/or/alternate scheme they have to "create their own account" - I have people who send me links to 'private' or 'you must join' and quite frankly my dear I don't have the inclination to create and maintain accounts and passwords at thousands of sites . . .

that is what I don't want - so many sites claim to be "safe" but if they can hack into these big businesses and do damage I'm quite sure they can get into anything they want -I'll wait for the CD to come and see if that makes it possible - yeah I know - who'd want a picture of a dead chicken in roasting pan?? but it's the principal

>>the principle

years ago CompuServe had a strict "author's rights maintained" policy; after AOL bought CompuServe that policy changed to "AOL, and anyone else they said, had full rights to anything and everything you post"

many, many authors, photographers, experts in every field and endeavor deleted their posts/files/content - it was the beginning of the end . . .

I had posted many articles/files/information on specific topics - along with software programs, etc., and I deleted every last one.
I'd put a lot of time & effort into that work and I was not about to permit AOL to assume ownership.

(1) if it's a secret, don't write it in email.
(2) if you cannot undergo the risk someone will steal/copy your work, do not post it on the internet.

and that is an entirely different situation from any site's "policy" - locks only keep honest people honest. the crooks just break the lock and steal your stuff anyway.

here's photobucket - they say they do not claim rights, but anyone who can "see" the material is free to use it in any fashion and in any media that viewer chooses - and note they do not even preclude commerical use of your material.

Proprietary Rights in Content on Photobucket.

6.1 Photobucket does not claim any ownership rights in the text, files, images, photos, video, sounds, musical works, works of authorship, applications, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") that you post on or through the Photobucket Services. By displaying or publishing ("posting") any Content on or through the Photobucket Services, you hereby grant to Photobucket and other users a non-exclusive, fully paid and royalty-free, worldwide, limited license to use, modify, delete from, add to, publicly perform, publicly display, reproduce and translate such Content, including without limitation distributing part or all of the Site in any media formats through any media channels, except Content marked "private" will not be distributed outside the Photobucket Services. Photobucket and/or other Users may copy, print or display publicly available Content outside of the Photobucket Services, including without limitation, via the Site or third party websites or applications (for example, services allowing Users to order prints of Content or t-shirts and similar items containing Content). After you remove your Content from the Photobucket Website we will cease distribution as soon as practicable, and at such time when distribution ceases, the license to such Content will terminate. If after we have distributed your Content outside the Photobucket Website you change the Content’s privacy setting to "private," we will cease any further distribution of such "private" Content outside the Photobucket Website as soon as practicable.

thank you Dilbert - I apprecate it

well IC - looks like Bertha and Bathsheba will become famous - sprawled out with their drummies wide open for everyone to see - LOL

Back