What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cooking With Others?

jglass

How are you in the kitchen cooking with others?

It definitely depends on who the other person is for me. I adore my father in law but if I had to cook in the kitchen with him much we wouldnt be on speaking terms for long lol. He has some wierd ideas on cooking ... most of which are wrong. I tried to cut an onion with one of his kitchen knives the other day and he tells me that it is safer to keep your knives on the dull side so people dont cut themselves. I was like oh yeah .. much less chance of me cutting myself struggling to get this dull blade through an onion than if it were sharp :rolleyes: He doesnt salt and pepper anything and thinks you can boil 2 pounds of spaghetti in a quart of water. Of course when the spaghetti sticks it is because I have the heat up to high and not because there isnt enough water according to him lol. He also didnt think the water should have been salted. I was loading my ice cream maker at his place one day and I was loading it just like the manual told me and he tells me that is wrong and Im going to burn the motor out. So now I make the ice cream here lol. He is my favorite person to cook for .....just not with.

I really don't like cooking with others. I think we get in each others way.We all cook different. Not bad just different. You cook your dish and I will cook mine. Just don't tell me how. CF:)

I remember during the family reunions all of my aunts and my Mom in the kitchen together. I think my father in law has been single long enough to get set in his ways lol.
He has some strange ideas about cooking. He buys rolls of ground turkey and seasons them with chicken and poultry seasoning and calls them turkey sausage. That is not turkey sausage! He wont use salt, pepper or fat. I have gotten him to use a little olive oil and he cooks with my herbs out of the garden occasionally. Try and get enough salt on a pot of green beans and potatoes after they have been cooked lol.

Back