What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mama

jglass

I was at my computer today with Ann Burrell's show playing on the tv. I heard her say people should never use cooking wine because it is to salty. I just about choked on my Peach Snapple when she said that :rolleyes:

Never heard the "Salty" part but I've heard many cooking shows say never use cooking wine but normal wine you would drink. Also heard that cooking wine was made purposefully bitter just so the cook wouldn't drink it all. I keep a bottle of red and a bottle of white for cooking. They are both normal table wines.

Janie -

Burrell is a joke - an absolute joke - everyone knows that cooking wines are useless and a regular wine will give you the quality you are looking for in a recipe

SALT? good grief - isn't that the same as telling an obese person to eat a few pies and cakes for dessert???

and do you think it would stop Burrell from adding less salt?

Hearing her say anything is to salty was hilarious. She uses insane amounts of salt in her recipes.

I hate the flavor of red wine. I can stand a little white when I cook but I cannot drink either.

Back