Aug 24  # 1 of 19
Hillandale eggs are one the of brands sold by a grocery store here in town. They also carry other brands like Egglands Best. I usually buy the brown extra large Hilldandale or Egglands Best. Well since the recall I have been buying only the Egglands. That same store here in town has tons of the Hillandale eggs they bought before the recall whose lot number was not included in the recall. At this point I do not want any eggs with Hillandale on the label. I do not care what the lot number is. When I went to the grocery store on my way home today they had one dozen of Egglands and tons and tons of Hillandale. I asked the person stocking the shelf about it and she tells me those Hillandales were not included in the recall.
I asked her if there were any more Egglands Best in the back and she tells me they didnt order any of them this week because they have so many other eggs.
So in other words they are trying to force customers to buy the Hillandale because that is all that they have. I told her if that was what the manager was thinking to think again. I would do without eggs before buying the Hillandale right now. I told her I am not feeding my loved ones anything from that company right now and she kept saying these were not in the recall and I told her that is today. Then she tells me that I am not the only one to tell her that today. How dirty is that! When I was a kid the man who started that store and ran it til he retired would have never have tried something like that. He would roll over in his grave if he knew.
Aug 25  # 2 of 19
I usually buy a brand called "Rose Acre Farms" I honestly haven't seen any of the lists out there- hope this one's not on it!

Just checked online and Rose Acres is not included amongst those re-called. Whew!
Aug 25  # 3 of 19
Rose Acre Farms is one of the brands normally sold here but since that store is over stocked on Hillandale that is all they are putting out there for sale. I did call the manager and tell him what I thought. Now you see why so many people make the drive to hit up Walmart in the next county.
Aug 25  # 4 of 19
I wouldn't trust any of the stores right now - stick to eggands with the stamp on them - low-down scoundrel store owners are now switching eggs from the cartons to sell them -
them and their dang blasted profits
Aug 25  # 5 of 19
Quote Mama Mangia wrote:
I wouldn't trust any of the stores right now - stick to eggands with the stamp on them - low-down scoundrel store owners are now switching eggs from the cartons to sell them -
them and their dang blasted profits

I know mama- burnz my azz!