What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

People Who do Not Return Dishes

jglass

There are a few people that I cook for who never return any food container you give them food to take home in. My little sis always returns anything she takes home but there are a couple others that I have to make sure and send food home in disposable pans because if I send home any of my pans I will never see them again. It did me no good to say please send my pan back. I even went to their house a few times and saw my pans outside on the porch with rain water standing in them or even in the yard. I even tried the old if you dont take care of this particular pan you get no more food. I would still find the pans on the porch or yard. One of them even told me once they had hoped I wasnt going to ask for this little roaster with a lid back because it was cute and they wanted to keep it. It is like they dont even consider I may want the pan back. Good cookware is expensive.

I get the tall deli cups with lids for .30 each at the deli and throw away baking pans with lids for $2 each at the Dollar Store. Anything I cook for them now goes in either a deli cup, disposable baking pan, foil or ziploc bag.

I never got back so much - it's not right -
they want food - they supply the containers - period.
And since disposable containers are pricy - they can buy them.
I'm sick of it - I'll tell them right out - the food is going into an aluminum pan and remember that aluminum pans and aluminum foil causes Alzheimer's - so good luck.
If I don't happen to have a disposable pan - oh well - I'll enjoy my cooking and they won't.
They learn quite fast.

I swear I don't think mine would ever learn. You have wonder what they think. They know the dishes cost money. Its like they will say something over one of my jackets and I say this coat is 10+ years old. Im like yeah when you take care of things they tend to last. These are the same people who in the summer you will see their dogs laying on their winter coats and then come fall they are complaining they have no coat. I have given them a few of my own coats never to be seen again and the next fall they are without a coat again.
When you leave your cookware and knives in the rain or sitting in dishwater they are going to rust. Let your cookware sit dirty for days and it is going to rust and wear them out faster. Never clean rotisseries and the like and of course they will stop working.

Just like you said the disposable take home pans can get a bit costly. Even a regular roll of foil here costs around $4 or more.

like I said - let them pay or let them deliver the pans ad dishes - I take care of everything - I wish others would

Janie- in one of Patty LaBelle's cookbooks she talks about cooking food for folks- even for other celebrities- and even on the road while touring. She tells one fantastic story about making Pork Chops and Mac & Cheese for Mick Jagger and telling him to make sure to return her Tupperware. Low and behold- weeks later when she got back to her home base, he actually REALLY did mail it back to her! And since then whenever they cross paths at hotels or concert venues on the road- even abroad- she cooks for him- and he always returns her TWare! :)

So I'm thinkin'... if busy globe-trotter Mick Jagger can get Patty's close 'n seal lids back to her- then the lame suckas I cook for here in the boondocks oughtta at least be well-mannered enuf to get a pie plate back my way instead stickin' it on the porch to feed their pooch out of- HA! :)

Unfortunately they no longer live in the same county as me so going there to get my dishes if they dont return them is no longer an option. He is very sick with multiple illnesses including MS. His health is terrible. I cannot stand the idea of something happening to him and he had wanted me to cook him something. I just wish I could send food in dishes and pans and they would return them. Never gonna happen though so I will keep buying throw away pans.

It still bugs me to this day that I never got the chance to make my Mom the green beans and new taters she wanted before the passed away and that my oldest sis asked me for homemade fudge on the phone the last time I spoke to her. I couldnt send her the fudge because she was a bad diabetic but it still bothers me.

Last edited:
Don't you feel bad for one second about the containers you send the food home in... You aren't put on this Earth to fund people's kitchenware..

People are so inconsiderate!

Cookware out side?! Are they rednecks?! LOL:D

<3

Living in this area 95% of the population are rednecks. They drive big ol truck with dual exhausts that choke you to death in traffic when your behind them. Tobacco chewing mopar caps and car gear grease stained torn jeans and tshirts. Big old bull riding belt buckles, cowboy boots and shirts are the thing when they wanna dress up a little lol.

YEEEEE- HAWWWW!!!

just keep sum of dem der vittles a-comin' - dems purdy good...................

(back to making moonshine......)

(I'm still chuckling over "the cast from Deliverance!")

dishes returned

I guess we are the last generation to actually cook. My daughter and daughter-in-laws don't cook much at all. It just amazes me how I worked to
make sure dinner was on the table every night, breakfast in the a.m. and now no one seems to care.
I never get dishes back either, it is sometimes sent home in plastic bags. I don't want those back...lol...

Living in this area 95% of the population are rednecks. They drive big ol truck with dual exhausts that choke you to death in traffic when your behind them. Tobacco chewing mopar caps and car gear grease stained torn jeans and tshirts. Big old bull riding belt buckles, cowboy boots and shirts are the thing when they wanna dress up a little lol.

If its formal attire you have to put a crease in your jeans and tuck in your shirt to make sure your scoal ring shows on your back pocket.

If its formal attire you have to put a crease in your jeans and tuck in your shirt to make sure your scoal ring shows on your back pocket.

oh oh - I must be part redneck! I iron (ya - I still iron! everything I can) my jeans and I put creases in them..............but I prefer my tops out.
:eek:

I never thought I would see drugs as bad as they are in this town. They have busted people a few counties over who were bringing in drugs straight from Detroit.
This building is only 6 apartments and a nice place but acoss the street about half a mile back off the road is the worst apartment complex in town for drugs. People from there are super thin, toothless and loosing their hair from drug abuse. The police are there constantly. Some people in town who are not into the drugs are constantly accusing the local cops of being in on things because they are making no headway in the situation. Several years ago the chief of police was let go for stealing confiscated pain meds from evidence. Everyone said he took the fall alone but that they were all into it.
I was born and raised here and never thought I would see it like this. Why one Earth people ever start drugs I will never understand. Its not like a poor person can afford a drug habit.

it's just another form of escapism - and the sad part is - they will be on SSD all their lives and supported by us - they can't comprehend and they can't face life - it's really sad

I have no patience with drug use. I think they should put those who use drugs in jail along with those who sell drugs. I don't understand why our politicans and other Americans can go on national t.v. and say they used drugs and no one can do anything. It is not a just system. If they were all put in jail it would be different.
Why in the world cannot they put the users in jail? Because they don't see them? duh! Just how many cops do you think see a murderer do his deed? This drug war is a hoax, and it is being played out on the American people. And no I do not understand why. Just makes me sick. Oh, and I love cops.

I abhor drugs and have no patience with them or those who use them, either. However I don't think drug users belong in jail- and I don't think it should be illegal.

Think about it.

As a non-drug-user, drugs would NEVER be in my life if they were legal.

As it is now, if I dial 911 and need the cops for a break-in, or because of some other urgent emergency, chances are they'll all be busy down on the corner making a drug bust!

Plus, we as tax-paying citizens PAY to keep addicted people fed/clothed/housed in the expensive prison system. I HATE the idea that a single dollar I make goes to take care of them. Period.

Make it all LEGAL.

Who cares if they kill themselves with their addicitions? People have the right to lead awful lives- we need to stop trying to protect grown adults from themselves. Gov't. can't even control themselves- much less drug addicts. We expect far too much of our leaders and then we whine like babies when the gov't. fails and cannot do it all right. We need to stop this, as citizens- and take responsibility for ourselves as individuals.

I'm sick of drugs being in my life- and as long as they remain illegal- they ARE part of my life. And I resent that.

Just another perspective...

Back