Oct 13  # 1 of 10
Two elderly women were talking at the store and one picked up a bag of raw shrimp remarking they must be spoiled because of the darker color. Her and her friend opted for the pretty pink precooked ones that must have been very fresh lol. I was looking at the shrimp when they came along and told them the darker ones were raw uncooked shrimp and the pink ones had all been precooked. It was to funny.
Oct 14  # 2 of 10
unreal - makes you wonder just how much some "cooks" know -

I was in Save A Lot to grab a gallon of milk the other day - if they didn't have a large pack of CHICKEN FEET - as a matter of fact - several packages -

well some Voodoo queen will have fun -
Oct 14  # 3 of 10
I've seen those before too. There is not a speck of meat on a chicken foot but I quess one could boil them to flavor soup or something. I've managed to pass up on that temptation so far.
Oct 14  # 4 of 10
I haven't eaten any chicken feet lately. But I have. When I was young, they were fried, if we had fried chicken. And they were boiled when we had chicken soup or dumplings. Course back then we ate anything that didn't eat us first.
On another note, our local Mexican market always has chicken feet in there meat market. You can also buy a whole cow head, among other things. Asians also eat chicken feet. Oh, I don't buy either, feet or heads. CF:D
Oct 14  # 5 of 10
I have never seen chicken feet in any of the stores around here. But then again I havent found veal and we only get lamb and duck around the holidays. We have a friend who is Thai and he talks about when he was a kid in Thailand and they used to catch and eat scorpions. Him and his Mama make chicken soup and go out and buy chicken hearts and gizzards for the chicken part of the soup. They can afford the better parts of the chicken they just prefer the heart and gizzard for soup.

Every store here in town does carry pickled pigs feet and pickled bologna. I have never tried either lol. I do love pickled eggs though.