Oct 22  # 1 of 3
My hubby and I love to go to this one chinese restaurant a few counties over. Everytime they bring me the bill they just leave it on the table with a couple of fortune cookies. I got a different waitress one day and she was terrible. I had to run her down to get a drink refill. When she brought the bill it was like $12.75 I put the exact amount of the bill on the tray which I had done many times before. I would give the tip directly to the waiter/waitress right before we left. There is no rule at that place that you have to pay the tip with your bill. This waitress picks up the money and tells me that does not include tip. I said yes I am aware of that. I said I will decide on the tip before I leave. That is to pay for dinner and that is all at this time. She turns on her heels and leaves. At that point I had no plans to leave her a tip or leave her a quarter to make my point. Always before with the $12.75 bill I would leave a $5 tip because we had always had wonderful service before.

I had avoided getting her as a waitress again until a week or so ago when we stopped there. They seated us with our fav waiter who was there for about half the time we were there then he got off work and that terrible waitress took over our service. I had wondered why the male waiter had brought us our check before we had gotten any dessert and then I knew why. He knew I always gave him the $5 tip and he wanted the tip before he left lol. I was just waiting for her to ask me about a tip again but she didnt. It did take her over 15 min to refill a drink though. When she finally came back with it her clothes smelled of smoke. She had taken a smoke break outside before getting the drink for us. If it wasnt for the fact I cannot understand most of what they say I would have already complained about her. I told Jon if I get her one more time I am going to complain and refuse to be waited on by her. The rest of the waitresses there and the one male waiter are super sweet. Just the one has a real bad attitude or she just doesnt like us for some reason.

We do not eat out much being on a tight budget but when we have we have always gotten lucky and had super sweet service til this one waitress recently. Most of them go out of their way to take good care of us when they realize Jon cannot see.
One time years ago at Bob Evans we had a friend of Jon's with us and our waitress took our drink orders and never came back after 30 minutes. You could see her mingling and chatting with other customers but she totally ignored us. We asked to be seated in another area and the waiter who took care of us then was wonderful and he got a nice big fat tip. I had teased Jon when that happened I wondered if she was someone he had gone out with in the past or something. We have run into more that one of his old flames in that area and I wondered if she was one and just didnt want to wait on us or something lol. He was all well what did her name tag say and what did she look like. I said well if I had seen her more than one time I could tell you lol.

One time when we were working in the local highschool one of the freshman girls in his class tells Jon she thinks he knew her mother. Jon says oh yeah who is your mother and she tells him. I could tell when the mans face turned bright red he had known her mother very well :rolleyes:
Oct 23  # 2 of 3
I rarely go out to eat, but when I do tips are earned in my opinion. A nice smile, efficient service, and making sure we have everything we need goes a long way toward determining how much I tip. I've tipped anywhere from 0 to 50 %.
Oct 24  # 3 of 3
Most people take right to us but that one lady sure didnt lol.