What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Could use some prayers

ricksrealpitbbq

My Mom was involved in a bad car accident this morning. She's undergoing surgery right now and may not make it. She lives in Rhode Island otherwise I'd be at the hospital right now.

I'm so sorry to hear that - prayers are now sent to your mom, and also to your entire family, as well as the doctors and others involved. Please keep us posted.

Just got off the phone with my brother. She's out of surgery The doctors did all they could for now. Her spleen got torn open and the doctors removed that. Her stomach was ripped open and they were able to repair that She's in a drug induced coma. The doctors need to wait a few days before doing anything else. They are giving her a 50/50 chance right now.

I am so sorry for your loss. Your family will remain in our prayers.

She is no longer in pain - and she is still with you -

I Am Not Gone

I am not gone
While you cry with me
I am not gone
While you smile with me
I am not gone
While you remember with me

I will come
When you call my name
I will come
When I feel your pain
I will come
On your final day

It could never be
That we
Would never be

We shall always
Be together
Forever

I am not gone

I want to start off by saying, I really appreciate all the thoughts and concerns for my family and my self this past week. We got home last night about 11:00 pm after a 16 hr ride. It's still hard to believe my Mom died. It was a single car accident and the general consensus is that she probably suffered a stroke or heart attack and lost control of the car. She went left of center and struck a telephone pole. No skid marks and nothing to indicate anyone ran her off the road. I did see the crash site, but declined viewing the car or any pictures from the accident. I wanted my last memory of her to be a good one. The funeral home director gave us the option of viewing the body before the cremation and I didn't want to see that either. The service at the church was packed and I met a lot of my mother's friend who I never knew about. In accordance with her wishes she was cremated and interned at the veterans cemetery in Rhode Island. There was no traditional calling hours at the funeral home. Just everyone coming to my Dad's house to visit.

I always though my Dad would be the first one to go, but life doesn't always go as planned.
Thanks again for your prayers and well wishes.

Glad you're home safe and sound, Rick. It's always hard to find the right words at a time like this. But know you and yours are in my prayers, friend...

Welcome back Rick - continued prayers are much easier than trying to find the right words - life can be difficult at times.

I always fumble at finding the right words at times like these. And people I spoke with didn't know what to say either. But I can assure you, just being there for me is comforting.

Rick, I'm so sorry to hear about your Mum, I know how hard it must be for you all. Please know we are thinking of you.

God Bless You Rick

Just checking in to find a recipe and caught this post. So sorry for your loss my dear brother and friend!

May God Heal and Comfort you and your family Rick at this time of sorrow and loss.

Love you, Cathy

Back