Nov 3  # 1 of 8
today was the wake - tomorrow the "funeral" - meet at the funeral home, go to the mass -
she is being cremated
it's not easy
Nov 3  # 2 of 8
Hi mama... so sorry for your loss, dear. My family went thru this this past summer. Boy- you're right- it sure ain't easy. Wish we were closer so I could drop off something yummy to eat- something to lighten the load of you and others in your clan that might be working hard in the kitchen to keep everyone from going hungry thru this all. And to maybe take a walk w/ you and crack a joke or two to take your mind off of things for a minute or two... Hang in there my friend. We're all thinking of you guys and praying for ya's...
Nov 3  # 3 of 8
Bless you Kevin - I could definitely use that. I thank you for your kindness. they say time heals - I don't agree with that - in time we are the ones that change - the situation never does.
It seems so unfair - how God gives us so many wonderful people to love in our lives - and then He takes them back one at a time. It's nice He shares - just wish He would share longer.
Nov 3  # 4 of 8
I understand, mama...

I remember once a very elderly 100 yr. old husband died. Someone told his wife- at least it doesn't bite as hard as say- the loss of an infant child- or the loss of a newlywed husband would. She looked puzzled and asked "What on earth do you mean?" And the person explained- well, he lived a long, long full life- it was his time to go- so it must be a relief that the bite hurts a bit less. And she replied- "Quite the contrary- I had much longer to love him, know him, and grow used to him- his departure will hurt five times as much than had he left me at 20."
Nov 3  # 5 of 8
I am so sorry Mama. Sending you warm hugs.

1288790339048630900.jpg