Jan 11  # 1 of 11
Has anyone tried this knife? I see her using it on her show a lot. It looks good to me for chopping herbs but I have noticed she struggles with it when she tries to cut a dense item like a sweet potato.
I saw her using it to cut a sweet potato and she was griping the knife by the blade instead of the handle as she struggled to get the up angled tip of the blade through the potato.
Jon had asked me if I wanted it and I told him weeks ago that I didn't think the arch in it would make it good for mincing up anything but items that were already chopped. I like an 8 inch Santoku for my chopping.

So many of them slap their names on anything for a dollar. It amazes me how many people around here will hand over their last dollar for anything with Paula Deen on it.
Jan 11  # 2 of 11
I got a beautiful Rachael Ray lasagna pan for Christmas that I love which has gotten good reviews and works great for me. I was researching the dutch oven from the same collection which has gotten terrible reviews. I recently ordered the 4.5 quart casserole from the same collection that got good reviews. I think the dutch oven was good in the oven to like 500 degrees and the lid was only good to 350. That to me makes the pot useless. What good would the dutch oven be for the oven if the lid is only good to 350?
I learned my lesson when I spent $45 for a Martha Stewart dutch oven a few years ago and it came apart the second time I used it. If I buy any more cookware with some personalities name on it I'm going to check out all of the reviews on it first.
Jan 11  # 3 of 11
My Dutch Oven is an old cast iron 10 inch with 4" sides that was in the throw away pile when we cleaned out my mother-in-laws house. Works great, weighs a ton and is probably not endorsed by anyone still living today. My cleaning of it started with a wood chisel and a hammer and ended with being seasoned in the oven.
Jan 11  # 4 of 11
I try really hard to buy what works, reviews are a good tool. I don't care for celeb endorsments. CF:)
Jan 11  # 5 of 11
Mezzaluna's are nice for doing herbs and smaller items. Cheeses, potatoes, etc. can't really be cut with some mezzalunas - they come in different sizes and usually the best are the ones that are sold through restaurant supply houses. I would not buy hers - sorry - I don't feel it's got the quality and strength I would be looking for. they look easy to use but some have trouble with them and they can be quite dangerous.