Jan 18  # 1 of 11
For me in no particular order...................

I love tasting as I cook. My wife gets after me sometimes but I tell her it's my treat for cooking.

I like to experiment with different ingredients, except when I bake. I learned the hard way don't mess with a baking recipe.

And I like seeing people enjoy eating what I cook
Jan 18  # 2 of 11
I love the thank you's and the oooohhh's and aaahhhhh's........

I love the "can you please make................ again"

I love creating

I love all those special requests

I guess I can honestly say that I love the personal satisfaction of being in the kitchen and making everything I possibly can

and I love a full pantry and freezer filled with all my "Little Red Hen" goodies -

and I love to feed people
Jan 18  # 3 of 11
My reasons are pretty much the same as Mamas. Growing up with the parents I had and food coming after booze and smokes on the priority list I have always had that need to get and give comfort food.
Jan 19  # 4 of 11
Other then eating I quess the satisfaction I get when other know guys can. We were at Church a week ago when a friend turned to my wife and said; We were at Gary and Cathys yesterday for dinner and had some really great yeast bread and Gary said it was from you. She pointed at me and said that's his deal, I don't do bread. Her reply was; Your kidding.
Jan 19  # 5 of 11
I'm usually not at a loss for words- but I really can't offer anything here that others already have not. First there's the joy of spending one's time doing something they truly love. Second- and perhaps best- it the reaction from others. I don't have a lot of skills or talents... but I'm lucky to have one that reaches folks in all the right places, I guess!

One thing I've always felt- and that I see again here as I read everyone's words; Cooks are generous people.

I think it was cookbook author Edna Lewis who said: "Cooks are the most generous people I know. Most would give a stranger their last bite of bread and jam, and be content themselves for just a sip of water."