Jan 29  # 1 of 6
Have those of you who watch the shows on FN ever noticed that some of the hosts use the same words over and over when describing their recipes? Sandra Lee's favs seem to be super sweet ... super scrumptous ...super simple.. everything is super with her.
If Claire Robinson says decadent once and episode she will say it a thousand. Tyler Florence is the same way. If it tastes great then well done but dont beat it into the ground :rolleyes:
Not all of the hosts do it during their shows. Giada, Nigella Lawson, Ina or even Paula do not do it. The old hosts like Emeril never did it either. I find myself turning the channel when Sandra Lee and some of the others come on because it annoys me.
Jan 29  # 2 of 6
Yes - and if one cooks fish - they all cook fish or whatever.

My mom had Ann Burrell on today - and you know I can cant' that witch - and she was making lasagna and she used a ton of salt like always - and she said something to the effct that she uses salt and believes in a lot of salt and we should use what we want. She must be getting a lot of emails on that alone!
Jan 29  # 3 of 6
Most of the time I would just like for them to, shut the heck up. Show me what and how you are cooking, don't try and entertain me. I am here to learn.
But not really learning much from most. CF:)
Jan 29  # 4 of 6
The FN used to be really good and I looked forward to it.

Now it's a freakin' freak show.
Jan 30  # 5 of 6
I still like to watch some of their shows. Rachael Ray's Week in a Day is pretty good. I like to watch Giada at Home even though most of what she makes is nothing we like. The Italian pot roast she made on her Christmas show has become a fav of ours with a few changes. Paula Deen's show is still good and I like Nigella Lawson a lot. I do not care for Melissa D'Arabian at all. She is tied to $10 so she uses a lot of fillers like beans in her recipes to make them work for her budget. My husband hates beans. Claire Robinson has some good recipes if she would just listen to a playback of her own show and see for herself how bad she is for repeating. last time I watched her show they showed bloppers of her at the end of it and they were all when she was saying decadent. They made it look like she was rapping that word over and over so they know that she does it.
I was in the bath the other day and had left the tv on FN. The Neelys came on after I was already in the bath and I heard that big mouth Gina do her third big yell like she was at a ball game. I got out of the tub put on my robe and came in the livingroom and turned the channel. I cannot stand that woman.

Ann B keeps telling the people on Wurst Cooks in America they do not season the food enough. I was like unless they up end the salt container into the dish they are not going to season it enough for her. I grew up with my Mom over salting stuff and your taste buds can get so used to it over the years it takes more and more to taste it. I over salted stuff bad when I started dating Jon and he doesnt even eat salt. After a year off salt recovering from an ulcer I use it now like I have a brain.

It really does make you wonder what audience they are trying to appeal to with some of these shows. They have really gone away from the format they had in the beginning when it was a great network.
I do not care for Bobby Flay or Guy Fieri. Guy Fieri's show is more rock and roll than cooking.