May 8  # 1 of 28
Not many posts recently. Spring time is usually slow here. People want to be outside when the weather gets warm.
We have had tons of rain every other day. People are struggling to get their gardens out only to have them get washed off. Know one family who already put theirs out twice this spring and it was washed off both times. They have given up on ever having a garden again.
Jon's Dad and his brother have finally been able to get out their respective gardens. So far their gardens have drained pretty well after heavy rains.

Hope everyone is doing well. Jon and I are doing good. Spike is still growing but it has slowed down now. Last time I weighed him he was just a tiny bit over 2 1/2 pounds. He sould be around 3 1/2 to 4 pounds at the biggest. He is a lot of fun and an expert at naps and eating lol.
May 9  # 2 of 28
We are doing OK here in Texas. Most folks are flooded, we need rain really bad. Watering every thing that grows. Keep Jon and Spike on the right track. Get more grass for Spike. CF:)
May 15  # 3 of 28
We have nothing but rain here. Thankfully no flooding as of yet. How are your crops doing? Spike and my dog Pooh had their first official little fight yesterday. Spike chomped him on the tail and the dog was going to try and eat him afterwards. Spike had his ears laid back like he was saying bring it on old timer lol. I had to stop that one before it got ugly. Pooh is almost 13, 5 pounds soaking wet and arthritic but after the rabbit bit his tail his whole attitude was ... I'm going to eat that little ***** lol.
Jon sat down yesterday to put his shoes on and the rabbit was chasing Pooh around and around his feet. He laughed so hard he couldnt get his shoes on.
May 15  # 4 of 28
Janie, we doing OK. Still very little rain, cool weather, crops look like crap.
But I still have more blessings than one could ever ask for.
That rabbit is something else. Tell me again what kinda grass you been feeding him. LOL CF:)
May 15  # 5 of 28
Well I just got done with my first paying gig with the new smoker. I was hired by an auction company to cook on Friday and Saturday for their employees and bank officials at a real estate auction. It went real well and best of all we made a modest profit. They want to hire me again in the future too. :D

Tons of yard work to do. All this rain is causing the grass, weeds, and everything else to grow like crazy.

Next weekend I'll be cooking for our church. Once a month the ladies have a 3 dollar dinner. They supply and cook the main dish chicken, pork, or whatever and people usually bring side dishes to go with it. Everyone donates 3 dollars each for the meal and the ladies make a little profit to help fund their ladies functions.
Because I feel blessed to have the smoker, I offered to do a few pork butts and a case of ribs. It's a small congregation only about 100 members and usually about 80 show up for the dinner.