What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lord but it's how out there!!

Katiecooks

A friend who lives in Florida sent me this and it's way too good not to share - just insert the name of your own state and there you go!

A FLORIDA BLESSING

Bless this house, oh Lord, we cry.
Please keep it cool in mid-July.
Bless the walls where termites dine
While ants and roaches march in time.
Bless our yard where spiders pass
Fire ant castles in the grass.
Bless the garage, a home to please
Carpenter ants and ticks and fleas.
Bless the love bugs, two by two,
The gnats and mosquitoes that feed on you.
Millions of creatures that fly or crawl,
In FLORIDA, Lord, you've put them all!!
But this is home, and here we'll stay,
So thank you, Lord, for Insect spray!

This was followed by a listing of "You know you're in Florida when" things that was absolutely hilarious but a tad too long to include here.....things like learning that asphalt has a "liquid state", you learn that a seat belt buckle makes a pretty good brading iron and
the best one - the potatoes cook underground, so all you have to do is pull one out and add butter, salt and pepper!

Anybody recognize their own areas? I sure recognized ours! :D:D

Katie

Last edited:
And what am I doing still up and posting on the forum at 2:30 in the bloody morning? Because I got totally immersed in the best place I've been in forever - "Mama's Kitchen" and just couldn't break away. If there's anyone out there who hasn't gone there yet, you surely ought to - it's incredible and amazing!! :)

Last edited:
just clean you mess when your done in my kitchen! LOL

as far as living in Florida - THE ONLY THING I LIKE THAT CRAWLS ARE BABIES!

I can't handle bugs and all those crittery things - sorry.........

I'll stay here in the snowbelt - halfway between the polar bears and southern pests, bugs, gators, etc.....

Back