Aug 12  # 1 of 14
The past week has been about 10 degrees cooler with highs around 87. A few days have been cool and the nights have been in the 50s - 60s. Wonderful weather and I hope it stays this way.

Gardens are just about played out for the season here. I have a batch of okra in the fridge I am frying tomorrow. I have never had okra so I am looking forward to it. My father in law has out some late cucumbers we are hoping they come to fruition before it frosts on them. It was so hot the first round of cucumbers did not produce much. I have been drying my dill just in case I can make a few more pickles later on.

First day of Fall is September 23. I really look forward to the Fall. It begins the holiday season and the weather cools down. I have asthma and killer spring & summer allergies. I can breath way better in the Fall and Winter. You can see a few tree leaves are already getting brown here. With our nights already getting into the 50's I'm not sure that cucumber patch will get to make much before they get bitten with frost.

My nieces have their Halloween costumes already picked out. I am ordering Evelyn's costume in the next few weeks. As soon as they put the plastic Halloween pumpkins out for sale I will start building them two stuffed with chocolate for Halloween :D This is the costume Evelyn wants. She is 7 years old now and just started 2nd grade.

1euxs2.jpg
Aug 12  # 2 of 14
Yes it has cooled a bit here - at least we can breathe better. The humidity today is lower - it's supposed to increase for the weekend again.

My babies were here Wednesday and spent the night - it was hot and I still had to cook - cripe I cooked all day and all night for 2 days. I took them home last night and I left the front door open all night to get the cool breeze that was out there. It felt so good - and yes I am a fall baby - waiting for fall myself. I just hope the snows don't hit until December. the past couple years we've had snow too early - I want to enjoy the fall.
Aug 12  # 3 of 14
Funny you mentioned Halloween - the stores already are pushing Halloween stuff and the kids don't have their school supplies yet! Some fo the store are putting our Xmas already! THAT is a turn off to me. It ruins the "mood"
Aug 13  # 4 of 14
Mama I bet they eat like royalty when they come to visit you. Summer makes me really appreciate the fact the electric and ac are included in my rent here. I know they push Halloween and the other holidays super early but I love it so much. I have not seen my nieces since last Halloween so I am really looking forward to it.
Aug 13  # 5 of 14
I enjoy spoiling them. They had lunch (BLT's and sweet potato fries) and dinner (BBQ'd top round, buttered taters with peas, carrots, corn) (dessert was homemade ice cream cake drizzled with chcoolate syrup, topped with chocolate whipped cream and a cherry) with me on Wednesday and movie snacks (an assortment of snacks while watching movies) - Thursday at 5am we had scrambled eggs and cinnamon toast with milk. At 7am we had chocolate pudding pie with whipped cream and milk. At 9:30am they had pancakes and breakfast sausage with juice. By noon it was ham and cheese hoagies with salad follwed by movie snacks again. Then it was back to the Ice cream cake and pudding pies. They went home for dinner.