Aug 21  # 1 of 3
Anyone else read about this online? :rolleyes:
Bourdain evidently insulted Deen, Fieri, R. Ray and Sandra Lee. He was the hardest on Deen. Commenting on her being the most dangerous woman in America. He said - "She revels in unholy connections with evil corporations and she's proud of the fact that her food is ... bad for you. ... Plus, her food sucks."
Paula's response - Deen went on to defend the others that Bourdain slighted during the interview saying, “My good friends Rachael, Guy and Sandra are the most generous charitable folks I know. They give so much of their time and money to help the food deprived, sick children and abandoned animals. I have no idea what Anthony has done to contribute besides being irritable.

You really cannot blame or credit Paula Deen for fattening southern cooking. I grew up on this sort of food. If you slaughtered a pig then you rendered the fat for lard. Nothing was wasted. You used the milk from the cows for cream, milk and butter. When my Mamaw and my Mother fried bacon they kept an old coffee can on the stove to save the drippings to use later on. I remember helping churn butter on my Maternal Grandparents porch in an old butter churn. I also remember her using that same butter to make yummy apple butter stack cakes that sat in the middle of her kitchen table for days for people to help themselves to. I remember my Mom and Mamaw both having 10 gallon buckets of lard in their kitchens. When they fried chicken and it later cooled they were covered with a white wax looking film because of the lard they were fried in. I remember my Mom doing what she called seasoning a pot of pinto beans. She seasoned then by scooping a huge serving spoon of lard into the cooking beans and a heap of salt. She would add at least a half cup of lard or more to the pot. Mom made biscuits by melting a ton of lard or bacon grease in her iron skillet and as she added her biscuits to the skillet to bake she turned them so they were coated in the fat. To this day I refuse to buy lard lol. On the times my brother wants pinto beans cooked like Mom made I put in a couple of smoked ham hocks instead of the lard. Not much better but at least they are not lard.

Everyone around here thinks I cook like Paula and I do to some extent but not every day. The fried pies I made one batch for Jon and one for his Dad. I will not be making those again for a long time unless they ask for them. We do indulge in the occasional loaded breakfast which is Jon's fav meal of the day. That breakfast will be turkey sausage and gravy made with 2% milk. Most of the time any meat I cook is roasted or baked. I cook with olive oil unless deep frying .. like the fried pies then it is in vegetable oil. I am most guilty of true southern fat to the wind cooking around the holidays.
Aug 21  # 2 of 3
I watch Bourdain, just because he goes to different places. And I like seeing what other people cook. Not because I have ever seen him cook anything, or because he is an alcoholic, foul mouth. Maybe he is trying make himself look and feel good. From what I saw on the news, he hasn't helped himself any. CF:)
Aug 22  # 3 of 3
Put them all on WWF for a showdown - that's my opinion.

Is this real? Or is it to drum up business for them all?

To begin with - I may not be from the south - but that doesn't mean that my great gram didn't slaughter her own pigs and render her own fat which gave us LARD that we used in our cooking for years. I still use it. NOTHING WENT TO WASTE AND I CANNOT STOMACH HEAD CHEESE - so you know what I mean.

Seeing pickled pig's feet constantly was normal. You name it - they made it and ate it. I wouldn't TOUCH half of what they ate!

I don't like Paula anymore - she has changed.

I can't stand Sandra Lee - hate her with a passion. She is a wanna be. And she cannot cook. I don't know what Cuomo sees in her.

Rachel Ray I am tired of - there is nothing fantastic about her anymore - she did better before she got married.

I like Guy.

And if you listen to Paula, Sandra, and Rachel - you will catch them on so many different lies it's not funny.

I love the recipes that their great ancestors made - those recipes came out in the 60's and they think everyone is stupid. Back in the days of their ancestors - their ancestors didn't eat that stuff. And I have caught so many other lies that I do ot trust any of them.

Boudain - he turns my stomach. I can't understand anyone watching him - if I want to see other parts of the world I can watch National Geographic.

Send them all to the WWF - smack 'em all down.