Nov 10  # 1 of 25
I was thinking of doing an Asian spin on my turkey and dressing. The dressing recipe calls for Chinese sausages. There is no place any where near here that sells them. Any ideas on what could be subbed for them? From most of what I read it says to sub pork sausage for them.
Nov 10  # 2 of 25
Chinese sausages are hard and dry and sorta salty/sweet with tons of spices - usually they are made with pork but some are made with duck. I can't see why a nice flavorful pork sausage wouldn't work well for you.
Nov 10  # 3 of 25
Thanks Mama. I read the recipe I was considering to Jon and he said he would prefer traditional dressing.
I still plan to do the Asian inspired turkey though. This Sunday I am planning to do breakfast for Sunday supper. Eggnog pancakes, maple sausages, peppered bacon, scrambled eggs, home fries, gravy and biscuits. I have a peanut butter oatmeal chocolate chip cookie recipe I wanna try so I am gonna take a long a batch of those.

The following Sunday will be our little Thanksgiving with my father in law. Asian style roast turkey, oyster fritters, mashed taters, gravy, cornbread dressing, yeast rolls and pumpkin roll for dessert. Since there is oyster sauce in the marinade for the turkey I thought the oyster fritters would go well.
Nov 10  # 4 of 25
Janie, don't have a real answer about your sausage. But I did find this,
lap cheong = lap chong = lap chung = lop chong = Chinese dried sausages = Chinese sausage Notes: These pork sausages look and feel like pepperoni, but they're much sweeter. Substitutes: chorizo OR salami OR ham (diced)
If you want to make some I do have a recipe. But without a smoker it would be hard. CF
Nov 11  # 5 of 25
I hope you try that stuffing and share the results with us!