What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mama

Well Janie - I could lie and say fine - or I could complain and no one would listen anyway! LOL

It's not easy dear - not at this time of the year. It's very hard on me. I'm becoming a hermit - I don't want to see anyone, I don't want to go anywhere, I just want to be miserable I guess.

It's just that things are so different now - so completely different. What's my life purpose now? I've taken care of my whole family, I've fed and clothed everyone, I've buried everyone and I mourn for them all.

what's next on the agenda?

Just makes me wonder.

Thank you for asking and even more important - thank you for listening.

Thank you and I love our family here - present and the ones that are AWOL!

Life goes on - whether or not we want to participate in it at times.

I understand. Jon's friend I was telling you guys about that makes the cider lost his Mom a week ago. They are not much in the mood for the holidays either. She was diagnosed with cancer and passed within 6 weeks. Very sudden. She was a great little lady... her looks always reminded me of Mrs. Claus.

This turkey day was the worst day since mom passed. No I did not have a turkey day. It was just rough. I don't know how people can go on - I'm having such a hard time with it.

I hope things get better for you Mama. Time doesn't seem to be helping much in your case. Is there anyone close to you that you can talk to about it?

I so feel for you, mama. Wish I was closer so I could give ya a big warm hug, dear...

I don't think anyone would want to hug me now - I've got germs.
I haven't been home long enough to do much - the kids were sick - one at a time - tghen their mom - then their mom ended up in the hospital - and it's been one thing on top of the other. she has no one to depend on but me and I can't let her down.

finally got the kids new winter coats, hats, gloves, etc. and we had our first snowfall that actually stuck and is still here

I'm too sick to shovel and it should be 40 tomorrow and the next day so Mr. sun can melt it for me.

Our weather has been so screwy that it's no wonder everyone is so sick.

We were supposed to have the big storm on Thursday night 0 Friday everyone was panic buying - I stopped for milk for myself and the kids and got them some fruit, boodies, juice, etc. and by 9 in the morning on Thursday half the shelves were wiped right out!

since the storm didn't hit till Friday night - I was able to pick up the juice and other things for them Friday morning - unreal what people do

they seem to be a bit better and they are all home this weekend and I am home trying to finish crocheting blankets and bedspread for them - their mom's bedspread is done as is her blanket for the bed.
the 2 bedspreads for the kids and their blankets just need the edge put on and I have 3 "couch" blankets for them to wrap in while watching tv - one needs the edge and the other 2 need a few more rows each and the edge

then its a blankie for the pooch

I know - get my head examined

it's been rough - I miss being here - hopefully everything will settle down now

I hope your feeling better Mama. I think it awesome you also make a blanket for the pooch. My dog loves his blanket right out of the dryer with lots of Downy on it.

Gee Janie -

I have been wondering where everyone went to.

The forum has changed - no one is around and it is very disappointing.

Time for the thinking cap -

It is just as the regulars feared Mama. Everyone left when we were getting hammered with spammers and haven't returned. I don't know why. I honestly didn't think the spam was that big of a deal but a lot of members felt if the forum was vunerable to spammers it wasn't a safe place to post I guess. It has been long enough now where I honestly doubt they are coming back. I guess they found other forums. I looked at other forums but never found any with the family atmosphere we had here.

As for me I have been busy the these last weeks. Lots of appliance and car trouble plus Jon has been sick. He is over it for the most part but has a lingering cough still. We have unseasonably warm weather here without a scrap of snow. I would love one good snow before dandelions come back.

I am still here. Been down but not out yet. Computer crashed been in the shop couple weeks. An i phone is not the way to go. Will try and be more active. CF

The members that were here before - were also here during the changeover with Matt making the necessary changes to stop the spam.

The members were still posting while the spammers were here.

And PM's were sent to everyone about the new changes.

It's just very disappointing.

I've had a hard time this holiday season - it's been rough on me and I have just popped in occasionally.

Yes - things happen - honestly - I hope Jon is feeling better. My oven went - so I know what it is like. I've had my fair share of "household" problems lately so I know what it is like. I try to tell myself that it gets worse before it gets better and that 2012 is going to be a good year. I don't feel things could get any worse.

I hate computer problems and god knows I had more than my fair share of those!

it's the last day of 2011 - and I can't wait to kick it in the pants and get rid of it -

I open my arms to 2012 and I'm trying to think very positive about it coming.

I hope it's a great year for everyone - even to those that left us.

Although my care for the tight membership here is as strong & warm as ever- I honestly haven't felt the same about SP since Matt stepped-in in June of '10 and raised a stink and laid down his law about a matter he should have left alone. I've never experienced anything more inappropriate at an online forum by an administrator. Ever. Some of us are still waiting for his apology. And that's my two cents on the wonderful illustrious MATT.

My outspoken foul-mouthed Mississippi grandma had a saying... it was hilarious- but out of respect and good taste I cannot repeat a word of it here. Every time I'm here and think of Matt, grandma's saying comes to mind. And it practically makes me double-over with laughter.

But as far as the FAMILY here goes- I love you all and wish ya's nothing but the best New Year ever! May 2012 bring us all much better than the past year has.

Thank you Kevin and same to you -

please try to forgive and let those feelings go - it will make things better.

I just want our family back together again.

Back