What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Halogen cookers

Goldfynche

I've just bought one. And like a lot of other owners. Finding a lack of recipe books very inconvenient. Do you have them over 'there'?

Sound like some kind of a cooker that uses Halogen Light Bulbs:confused: I have never heard of them. Sorry Sir! But I do hope you will enjoy it and that it will work good for you.

One night my hubby and I got to watching an infomercial for something called a NuWave Oven, I wanted one ever so badly, but decided to wait a few weeks to see if I still felt I really needed it after the "Infomercial Craving" wore-off. Sure enough it has wore off, and I am now a few $$$ richer for holding off. I am wondering if it might happen to be a Halogen Cooker?

depending on how much accuracy of truth you require, pretty much all the "as seen on tv" tabletop gadgets use an energy / heat source that is traceable to "halogen"

/quote
The secret is that the Mr T Flavorwave Oven® uses halogen heat, infrared waves, and convection cooking, so food is cooked faster and juicier. Fats and oils are removed and food is always cooked to perfection. With the Mr T Flavorwave Oven®, you could lose weight while enjoying all your favorite foods.

nuwave has some mumbo-jumbo about their patented three way heating but have no other specifics.

in principle, not too far from the old "Easy Bake" kids oven "powered" by a light bulb . . .

Many years ago they said that Easy Bake ovens are NOT good for baking - would make the EZ Bakes mixes and give them to the ones that had the ovens and their moms would pop the goodies into their regular oven or toaster ovens for them.

I don't believe in lamps cooking foods - next you'll be able to use a tanning bed with the same results

I have a Nuwave and a Flavorwave. I use my Nuwave alot to make roasted whole chicken etc.. Living in a small apartment it keeps me from having to heat up the oven when I need to roast something. I have been using my first Nuwave for about 2 years or more now. I was so happy with it that I have already bought another one for when this one dies. We love whole roasted chicken and find the Nuwave worth its money. I like to make roasted veggies in it also. It is super handy for cooking bacon and does a great job. You cannot bake any sort of bread in it though.

Before getting my Nuwave I always used my Ronco Rotisserie to roast whole chickens etc. The rotisserie was very hard to clean. The Nuwave does just as good and is much easier to clean. You just have to flip the chicken once during cooking in the Nuwave. Right now my rotisserie is back in its box sitting in the corner lol.

Back