Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What meats will you serve for Christmas?

lcsamano Guest

Default What meats will you serve for Christmas?

This year we are having ham for Christmas. However, I need to get another meat. We are not really turkey people so turkey has been ruled out. I was thinking about a roast or even a rack of pork.

medako Guest

We're having ham and chicken and noodles. My mom hates making a turkey, so she'll avoid it almost all costs.

Paprika Guest

We have had christmas every year of my life at grandmas and this year its at mums. I fly down there on saturday and because mum hates cooking I will be doing most of it. Im thinking pork, but I wouldnt mind doing some seafood on the barbecue with lots of yummy salads and vegies. MMM...

Mama Mangia is offline Master Chef

we usually make roast beef each year in addition to other meat and all the homemade pasta - we get a big one and then make a big batch of gravy and freeze packages of sliced beef in gravy for future meals or for sandwiches

tofumonkey Guest

hmm, something light that's white meat?

i guess grilled fish would be good?

cos of all the heavy eating during christmas and all the different food,
    it might be good to have some lighter food?

lcsamano Guest

Quote Originally Posted by tofumonkey View Post
    hmm, something light that's white meat?

i guess grilled fish would be good?

cos of all the heavy eating during christmas and all the different food,
    it might be good to have some lighter food?
    That is true. I can't believe all the goodies and heavy foods that are consumed during this holiday. People at my work have been bring in goodie after goodie. I might have to buy a pair of larger pants after the holidays...LOL.

clara Guest

We're also having ham, chicken and pork. Hot chocolate on Christmas Eve and some quezo de bola (ball of cheese). Some pasta too. And maybe a standby ambulance just in case jk!

Mrs. Chipotle Guest

We're having turkey; we always do. I like smoked turkey the best, but ham is good also. I think some people do a beef tenderloin or the like at Christmas, which would also be very nice.

Bipsorama Guest

Quote Originally Posted by lcsamano View Post
    This year we are having ham for Christmas. However, I need to get another meat. We are not really turkey people so turkey has been ruled out. I was thinking about a roast or even a rack of pork.
    We had turkey.

medako Guest

We ended up just having ham. My mom had cooked the chicken the night before for the chicken and noodles and it had gone bad So, the dogs had a nice meal on Christmas.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast