What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brown Bag Lunches

C

cookforkids

I hate spending so much money eating out at work but dont like to lug a bunch of food to the office on the train. I am in severe need of some new ideas for work lunches.

Are you wanting to avoid carrying food with you to work altogether but not eat out either?? I'm a bit confused I'm not sure what you could do.

could you take a week's worth of lunches on Monday and that way you wouldn't have to carry something everyday? There are plenty of options for lunches other than the typical "heat & eat" frozen meals that will stay fresh for several days.

That's a good idea, do you have a microwave at work cookforkids? You could even bring things that aren't refrigerated, you cook in the microwave!

I would say those tv dinners..the best being swanson..make a good lunch..don't you think..

I always take our dinner left overs and heat them in the microwave. A lot of dinners seem to gain flavor over night and are even better the next day. Have you ever tried asking your friends at work if everyone brought one item and all create a meal together. We have a lot of good cooks at our office and from time to time we will all bring something to share.

If you have a fridge and microwave at work, those are great ideas. You can carry in things just once a week.

I'm not working in an office anymore, but my mom does...and sometimes several of them will get together and go to the store one day during lunch and pick up stuff for salads or sandwiches. With shopping one day they can eat all week. They split the cost and it saves everyone money and the time of rushing out for lunch.

Well for me I am usually good with a sandwhich and a soda, maybe some grapes and stuff in a container. But if you have a microwave a frozen meal, and a soda will do just fine.

I work from home so I don't have to worry about lunches - and didn't really when I worked outside of the home because I waitressed, so I got off lucky...

But, my husband would just make extra and take his leftovers to work with him. They had a fridge and microwave in their break room.

I think, the best thing to do, is to actually eat your leftovers from the previous dinner or the extra breakfast in the morning for your kids to take in school. It could save up a lot of time in the preparation of course and you really don't need to plan them. I do it all the time.

I have to agree with the others here. maybe a salad, and a bit of the leftovers from the night before or earlier that week. it seems would work best for you.

Back