May 31  # 1 of 22
Does anyone use a crockpot still? I was going thru my cupboards the other day and found mine that I haven't used forever. Maybe I should take it out, dust it off and use it for during the week to help my husband out who usually has to cook.
May 31  # 2 of 22
Of course!!! I have several and I use them quite a bit!

They are great for summer roasting - you can make a great roast, chicken, ribs, etc. right in your kitchen without heating up the house on a hot and humid day!

My 6-qt. one cooks faster than my 3 1/2 qt. ones do. And I can do a rack of ribs in it on HIGH in 3 - 4 hours and they fall right off the bone.

BBQ or roast chicken gets done fast too that way. And its great when you have a day of working on the lawn and doing a lot of heavy work. It needs such little attention and gives a great meal!

Last week I made a meatloaf one day, roast chicken the next, ribs another day and prok chops another day. Today I've got it on again and I've got steak with onions and mushrooms. I tossed in some whole cleaned carrots and quartered some taters - now all I have to make is the gravy! One pot meal!

There is so much you can make with it!

Cleaning the 6-qt is easier cuz the liner comes out-but the others - well when the food is done I fill with water and after we are done eating I do the dishes, then the crockpot - it's not so bad. If it gets really bad - then fill with water and place a dryer sheet in there and let it sit for a few hours - clean as can be!
May 31  # 3 of 22
I will have to use mine. I never thought about putting ribs in there. We have done chicken and steaks in there but never ribs.
May 31  # 4 of 22
I hope you try it - I wash and pat dry my ribs (cut into serving pieces), season, slather on the BBQ sauce (both sides) and let it go! I did "re-arrange" them twice while cooking.
Jun 3  # 5 of 22
Last week I made a meatloaf one day, roast chicken the next, ribs another day and prok chops another day. Today I've got it on again and I've got steak with onions and mushrooms. I tossed in some whole cleaned carrots and quartered some taters - now all I have to make is the gravy! One pot meal!***
Please, can you share your recipe for steak with onions and mushrooms...what cut of steak, how much? That sounds wonderful. If you don't mind, I would love to hear your recipes on those. Thank you in advance! It sounds like I could use a cheap cut of steak for this in the crockpot, as meats in the crockpot naturally come out tender. And how do you make your gravy, and can you come to my house and cook, please? LOL
I make things like pork or beef roast in the crockpot. Also ribs, but no steaks..