Sep 11  # 1 of 3
I am curious as to whether more people prefer to cook with gas versus electric stoves as well as ovens.

I will start - I prefer to cook with gas since I find it easier and faster to adjust the temperature while cooking. I also tend to leave dishes on the stove top for a few minutes once they are done cooking..usually waiting a few minutes for roast to cool before carving it. If I do this with an electric oven I have to remember to turn it off several minutes before it is acutally finished cooking since the heat remains in the electric coils of the stove top. If I don't do that I end up with a dish that is done but the bottom is of the dish is overcooked.
Sep 11  # 2 of 3
I prefer gas for the stove top, but I prefer electric for the oven. I find the heating more uniform for some reason in a gas oven. I am not sure why, and it could just be I had some lousy gas ovens in my time.

As far as safety goes, well then electric all the way.
Sep 11  # 3 of 3
I prefer gas for both. I feel that electric stove tops are hard to adjust for temperature control (as I get older I have no patience for this) and that electric ovens seem to dry out many things.