What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Show Off Your Xmas Cooking Loot!

Jafo232

So, did anyone get any cooking related stuff for xmas?

I finally got a dedicated pasta pot. I still have one more family event to go to, so I might get more..

I am pretty happy with it, as I have kept saying that I wanted one.

Hi Jafo,
Glad you struck out on that pasta pot! Now how'd your family like the cookbooks you gave them? I'll bet they went over big time :)

My fiance got a really neat apron personalized :) thanks to a certain person letting us know about cafe press! He was also given a cookbook "Recipes from Our All-Star Chef's Food Network Favorites" which he loves! And a shiny new set of stainless grilling utensils. Needless to say he is very happy w/ his loot!

I do not know if you caught the bake-off on foodnetwork the other night where they baked cakes based on Disney Villains. It was a show I will never forget...a head fell off one of the cakes and I got histerically amused and went to bed with the giggles, and woke up giggling, and I wish everyone could've see it! The way the head fell off and landed on the floor, and the stunned judges, and the way that the camera kept filming the head laying there; it was over the top Great Entertainment!!! :D My grandchild and I could not quit laughing!

Merry Christmas, CCCathy

Update, I did get a cast iron sauce pan that is coated in ceramic. Love it!

As for the book, it went over really well. Funny thing about it, others were calling me about where to order it. I guess some saw it at the family functions and wanted it. I haven't even put it up for sale yet lol.. I guess I can do that now..

I didn't catch that bake-off episode. The baking bug has yet to bite me. I just never have gotten into it, and I think it is because I tend to stay away from sweets.

I did take a pic of the xmas eve ham. When I get a chance I will grab it from the cam and post a pic.

Back