Feb 20  # 1 of 5
:)Hi!!, What is eveybody cooking and doing for Easter this year?? I am probably doing BBQd Fish with Potato Bake and a few different salads. Then for dessert, either Pavlova, A fresh Fruit Salad with Icecream, or a Delish...
Chocolate dessert of some sorts with heaps of cream,fruit and icecream, wicked... I know (LOL ). Oh... and I forgot, Damm how could I, Prawns, lots of them. What about you, any great ideas or suggestions.:D
Feb 20  # 2 of 5
Why not combine the best of both worlds and make chocolate Pavlovas? Pilled high with whipped cream and raspberries.

And never forget: Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first!

I'll more than likely make either a stuffed pork loin or a rack of lamb. With either of them, pureed butternut squash sprinkled with caramelized shallots. And baby limas.

For starters, my own seafood lollipops, followed by a simple tomato & cucumber salad sprinkled with roast cumin, evoo and lemon.
Feb 20  # 3 of 5
:D And never forget: Life is uncertain. Eat dessert first!:D
Great quotation KYH!!!

Wow I can hardly believe Easter is almost here, I know we will have a beautiful meal and right now I am uncertain as to what to have. When I read the posts here it gives me ideas as I like to get some fresh ideas. One of my favorite dishes is Shrimp K-Bobs, colorful, delicious and go great with a variety of sides. There is also a post in the Pork section that I am interested in, it was "My Best Tenderloin Ever" posted by KYH. I like the sound of it with the peach salsa and all, it seems it would be perfect for an Easter dinner.

This year I want a nice egg custard pie for dessert. But those chocolate pavlova's sound delicious and I am severly tempted!:)

I will post my Shrimp K-Bobs recipe in seafood section for anyone that is interested.

CCCathy
Feb 20  # 4 of 5
Somehow I got talked into cooking Easter dinner this year, which is normally my Aunts domain. She wants an Italian theme (even though we are mostly English, Irish and German) so basically I am making sauce and spaghetti, along with bread and other such things. Still working out the menu. If all goes well, we will have it at her summer home on the Black River, which if you have ever been to the Tughill region of NY, you will know it is a beautiful area. Well, beautiful if there is none of that pesky white stuff on the ground. :)
Feb 20  # 5 of 5
WOW!! Everybody has such great ideas, and those choc. pavs sound real tempting, I must try them instead of the plain ones.
Thanks everybody.