Jul 30  # 1 of 23
A food-mag I enjoy interviews celebrities such as Dolly Parton, Luciano Pavarotti, Anne Rice, Lance Armstrong, Shirley Temple, Al Pacino, Sophia Loren... and among all the questions asked, TWO always really, really interest me. I'll ask them to YOU and let's see what kind of fun answers we get! (My own answers are included in RED.)

1.) What three things are always in your refrigerator?

Hellman's Mayo, Diet Pepsi, Sour-Dough Starter

2.) Name three people (living or dead) from all of history who you would like to invite to dinner- and tell us why.

A.) Mark Twain- cause he'd tell us fantastic tall tales after dessert while we rested our bellies and made room for another piece of pie... B.) Lucille Ball- 'cause I think she'd love meeting Mr. Twain and I think the pair of them would join forces and have us all in stiches from laughing so hard! C.) Eleanor Roosevelt- because I think she'd be a great conversationalist, plus she'd tell great stories and say things to motivate us all to remember that we can become tremendous forces for good in our world.
Jul 30  # 2 of 23
I usually dislike those kinds of questions. They're the sign of a lazy interviewer pretending that we can gain insights about people by knowing if they were a tree what sort of tree would they be.

But, in a fit of pernicious nothing better to do, I'll play along.

1. Always in the fridge.
A jug of iced tea and a jug of lemonade (I'm counting that as one item)
A crisper drawer of fresh fruit
Standard condiments (mayo, salad dressings, mustard, etc.)

2. Three for dinner.
Thomas Jefferson because, well for cripes sake. Thomas Jefferson, you know.
George Armstrong Custer, so I could witch-slap the stupid SOB.
John Locke, to point out that he was wrong, but having never met a rational man, how were we to know.
Jul 30  # 3 of 23
Hmm, I like these two questions..

Butter, Ketchup, and Cheese. Note, the question was what is ALWAYS in your fridge. I cannot remember when we ever ran out of those things. Sure, there is usually milk in there, but I remember running out a few times. Cheese is something we just cannot live without here.

Three dinner guests eh?

I will assume this means famous guests as opposed to family members we wish we could see again.

Jimmy Stewart and John Wayne.. I love many of the old movies from that era, especially those they appeared in together such as "The Man Who Shot Liberty Valence", and "The Shootist". I think a conversation with those two at the table would be a lifelong memory.

George Washington.. Mostly because besides his letters to his wife, there really isn't much insight into what he thought. I would love to pick the brain of the only man in history who could have been basically a king but turned down the role and put a solid step into the footprint of democracy.
Jul 30  # 4 of 23
>who could have been basically a king <

Maybe he turned it down because he recognized what Mark Twain would so aptly put into words:

"All kings is mostly rapscallions."

And, despite his many faults, that's one thing Washington was not. He was a true hero, however you want to define the word.

He was also a colonel in the British Army during the French and Indian war. Even back then he knew who the real enemy was.
Jul 30  # 5 of 23
oh i love these kind of questions!

3 things always in my fridge: coffee cream, butter, moldy leftovers i need to throw away

3 people to invite to dinner: cs lewis, johnny cash.... do they have to be famous? i would like to invite my deceased aunt. i never met her, but everyone says we are exactly alike, and i think she would have liked to have dinner with them as well.