Aug 16  # 1 of 30
What dish are you best know for?

For me is has to be homemade fudge. Everyone is always asking for it lol.
Jon's friends, their parents and our family on both sides love the fudge recipe I use for some reason. My little sister asked for it when she was in the hosp after having her last baby and she wanted it on her birthday. They all get it on the holidays. Its the recipe my Mom always used and I only cook it til thread stage so it keeps a creamy softness to it. I make peanut butter or chocolate and sometimes I make both of them and swirl them together for a reese cup effect. We worked at the highschool for a couple years when Jon was a sub and I used to make it for the kids. They are all now in college and they still email talking about craving my fudge. It was so funny when they were in home ec class and the teacher wanted them to make fudge...none of the kids would use her recipe. They came to the class where Jon and I were working and got my recipe. They made it the next day and did a wonderful job. I dont think that home ec teacher ever like me after that lol. I make my fudge for my little niece and she has even hid the tin under her bed to keep others out of it lol.
The ironic thing is Jon is not a fan of fudge much at all. He loves peanut butter balls.
Aug 16  # 2 of 30
I don't make any particular dish often enough for it to be my signature. But there's one I would like to be known for. I call it Chicken Zohar, and it's the first dish I set out to develop from scratch.

When I was in school we had some Israeli friends. She was talking classes, he worked for the government. When she had her first child they named her Zohar, which means "splendid" (it's part of the full title of the book of Caballa). I wanted to create a dish in honor of the baby. It would have to have Israeli ingrediants, and wind up being splendid in all respects.

After some experimentation I reached that goal, using mandarin oranges, orange juice, za'taar, and Sabra liquor. Chicken Zohar is a treat to the eyes as well as the nose and mouth. And everyone who's eaten it raves.

You'd think I'd make it more often.
Aug 16  # 3 of 30
Quote KYHeirloomer wrote:
You'd think I'd make it more often.

YEAH WHAT'S UP WITH THAT BROOK:D

AND HERE YOU GO TELLIN US 'BOUT IT AND DON'T POST THE RECIPE; SHAME ON YOU:eek:;):p
Aug 16  # 4 of 30
Too many requests - it's like Burger King - have it your way! Mama do this, Mama make that, and no one helps with the dishes - cuz Mama can do that too..............
Aug 16  # 5 of 30
LOL..Mama that sounds like my house around here...I hear Mama..Mama from Daughter or Honey...Honey from Hubby....and I'm stuck with the dishes !