Sep 9  # 1 of 7
When I was a wee l'il kid my Mom used to bake cupcakes in plain ice-cream cones. She poured the batter 2/3 into the cones, placed them in a special metal rack that fit onto a regular jelly-roll pan and then after they baked and cooled, she decorated them with frosting and favors.

Monday I attended school with my young nephew to read a story and I took treats- these broken oreo-cookie mounds made with margarine and melted marshmallows- a lot like haystacks or rice krispie treats.

Layne's birthday is 9/11. His Mom (my sister) plans to make grasshopper brownies to take.

What did your Moms make for you to take as treats for your birthday? Or what do you make for YOUR kids to take?
Sep 10  # 2 of 7
Mom never did anything like that for me. Alcholic parents...
When my little sister was a kid I always made tons of cupcakes and fudge for class parties. On halloween I used to get the little hollow plastic pumpkins and fill them with candy. I would decorate them with black and orange ribbon. I used to get the little mini baskets and do the same on Easter. With the baskets I would fill them with candy and then wrap them with some colored plastic wrap like a big easter baset and top them with ribbon. I used to make cakes and stuff for their fall festivals. I did the same thing with my two grown nieces and nephew when they were kids. Now they all have kids of their own lol.
I love doing things like that with the two kids my little sister has. One is almost 5 and the other is going to be 2 on her next birthday. Every year I have made the oldest one a huge bucket of candy for Halloween. This year the baby is finally old enough for chocolate lol. I already bought them black cauldrons and I have been buying up their fav candies already for Halloween.
Sep 10  # 3 of 7
Neat ideas, janie! Isn't it fun to do things for little ones- even though we're not parents ourselves?

My Mom was a fantastic mother and I have awesome memories from before her mental illness set in when I was 10. After that point- the whole world dropped-out from underneath us and life was never the same again... but before? Awesome memories from before, while she was still "herself".
Sep 10  # 4 of 7
I love to make things for school and holidays - anything from the cupcake ice cream cones to fancy cookies and cakes, baskets and trinkets loaded with homemade goodies, etc.

Cripe I'm probably the only looney one here - give me kids and I'll have a theme party of some sort!
Sep 10  # 5 of 7
fun, mama! I bet you're an absolute BLAST for a kid to be near! Good for you, sweety-pie! There's no greater love, than being loved by a child!