Feb 15  # 1 of 15
And once the smell of it permeated the air you had trouble sleeping?

I did last night, I fixed chicken pieces in a lovely red sauce and at some point last night I woke up and could not make out the wonderful aroma, until BINGO it hit me...MY CROCKPOT was stewing away:)

The absolute worst smelling thing I ever cooked overnight was a big ole pot o' Boiled Peanuts! But they were so great tasting I forgave them for keeping me up all night with their rather strong and not so pleasant odor:D Yee-Haw BOILED P-NUTS are TERRIFIC!!!!!
Feb 15  # 2 of 15
While stationed in Germany I had a small place off base. I made a batch of bread dough one Saturday. A friend of mine was getting married and we had planned on going out that night for some drinking as a bachelors party. Drink we did and when I finally staggered in late that night I noticed the risen dough on the counter. I decided to bake it.
I woke up the following morning, went into the kitchen to get a pot of coffee going and noticed the oven was on. It hit me that I had put the bread in there the night before and I like an idiot rushed to open the door to the oven, Like I was going to save it.
I had made the most beautiful loaf of charcoal bread you would ever imagine. It was a perfect loaf shape and I would say carbon all the way through. Light an airy. Lol, I was famous for that loaf of bread and it's the only loaf of bread I have ever seen like it in my life.
Feb 15  # 3 of 15
most definitely -

did you ever make a huge pan of homemade tomato puree to can - and you had to stay up 3 days and nights until it simmered just right????
Feb 15  # 4 of 15
Quote The Ironic Chef wrote:
Lol, I was famous for that loaf of bread and it's the only loaf of bread I have ever seen like it in my life.

Too funny!!! I can only believe you did not smell it cooking only because of the inebriated state you were in!!!:D
Feb 15  # 5 of 15
Quote Mama Mangia wrote:
most definitely -

did you ever make a huge pan of homemade tomato puree to can - and you had to stay up 3 days and nights until it simmered just right????

MamaM I can definitely say without a doubt, that must have been one hellava great puree!!!!:) PRICELESS:)