Apr 6  # 1 of 27
As some of you know, I'm a small plates fanatic. Would rather make a meal from several appetisers than a regular entree.

How about everyone else? Are you in to the small plates thing? And, if so, what are some of your faves?
Apr 6  # 2 of 27
That's a Good question. I was just thinking about dishes that I have. I used to put everything on a small plates, then I went threw craze, where I Loved "Big" Plates, put everything on one plate "how fun". I still use small plates for single serving thins like English muffin or waffles, even some appetizers. I like a 9 inch. plate to eat food on, it's just basic does the job but not over the top. Cookie :)
Apr 6  # 3 of 27
Cookie, I think you misunderstood me.

I'm not talking about the physical size of the plate, but, rather, the size of what's being served. Variously called small plates, small bites, appetizers, tapas, dim sum, mezze, etc. etc.

The idea of the small plates movement is that you get to sample lots of small offerings of different flavors, rather than a big helping of just one. Like a tapas crawl in which you don't move.
Apr 6  # 4 of 27
I LOVE small plates. I always am more interested in the appetizers than the entrees and I almost always end up making a meal of the small plates. I also am happy that more restaurants are doing reasonable portion sizes. Of course I love tapas but if I am going to get an entree I'd rather it wasn't served in a trough. I just don't need that much food. I'd rather just get a smaller portion that I know I can eat with out pain or having to take home leftovers.
Apr 6  # 5 of 27
Oh sorry, yes I like lots of small stuff finger food, appetizers etc.. on small plates small portions are fine. Cookie :)