Mar 30  # 1 of 21
I am a newbie in the forum and just curious what everybody are cooking and or creating for the days meals. Please share your ideas here. Thanks!
Mar 31  # 2 of 21
Welcome to the forum HeadChef. My name is Janie. I have to admit I didnt cook anything Tuesday. I took the day off and got a couple of Little Caesars Pizzas.
Mar 31  # 3 of 21
Hi HeadChef and welcome to Spice Place! I'm Kevin.

My lunch today was a ham & pickle sandwich w/ sprouts on buttered pumpernickel bread, and a carrot & grapes.

Dinner will be a grilled ribeye, medium rare- a wedge salad w/ kippered salmon and blue cheese, and proll'y more grapes.

What about you?
Mar 31  # 4 of 21
Welcome HC,

I cooked an old family favorite "Chicken and Noodles"! My 5 yr. old grandson who hates meat and all vegetables loves this (Go figure!) I can not stand to see him exist on freakin' boxed mac-n-cheese so I drew from the old memory of favorites I used to make my own little ones when they were growing up. It worked and he & all the reast of the grands love this!

Stew 1 whole chicken, season well, adding diced onion, celery and all your favorite chicken seasonings (I use garlic powder, Greek Seasoning and salt & pepper)
Remove cooked chicken from broth and set aside on a plate to cool, leave broth in dutch oven or pressure cooker, turn heat to high.
Once broth returns to a boil add 1/4 cup frozen peas, and 1 1 Lb. box macaroni noodles and 1 Tbsp. dried parsley or 1/4 c. fresh chopped parsley taste and adjust flavors to your liking. Reduce heat to a low boil. De-bone and skin chicken, use a knife to dice the chicken meat & place diced chicken into the noodles, finish cooking until the noodles are done. Turn off heat and let the mixture sit a few moments allowing the noodles to absorb all broth. Stir well and serve. We most have bread & butter with this and occassionally a fresh salad.

You can add a small amount of chopped olives, sour cream, a splash of white wine, capers and any othe finely diced veggies (such as carrots). There are many variations. The kids like it pretty much the way described above.:) I like it all "fancied up":) It just does not get much easier than this.

Welcome to SpicePlace.....by the way I have a whole tassel of folks living with us at the moment a grand total of 9 - 4 children and 5 adults (sometimes I wonder just how adult LOL) I am a certified crazy person!;)

Cheers, CCCathy
Mar 31  # 5 of 21
Wow! Thanks for the warm welcome!

I actually cooked some asian spring rolls earlier, and I love it! =)