May 25  # 1 of 12
I can't seem to find a refrigerator which doesn't have drawers & tracks that are made of brittle plastic, therefore they crack and break when I use them to hold stuff. I guess the manufacturers really don't want their refrigerators to last at all (and it's dumb that I have to solve this problem, but I digress). I'd like to find a well made refrigerator with drawers that can hold weight, which are NOT made of plastic (or spill through wire). Any ideas?
May 25  # 2 of 12
very hard to do -

purchase good plastic containers with lids to hold the heavier items - I'm glad I have 2 refrigerators - makes things easier
May 25  # 3 of 12
Quote Mama Mangia wrote:
very hard to do -

purchase good plastic containers with lids to hold the heavier items - I'm glad I have 2 refrigerators - makes things easier

Growing up everyone I knew had 2 refrigerators, and most had 2 full kitchens too. Usually one in the basement and the other on the first floor. Must be an Italian thing :D
May 25  # 4 of 12
must be - we had two kitchens - still do - 2 stoves, 2 refrigerators, more macaroni platters than we can imagine (from Italy), and we had two 500 lb. chest freezers up until about 3 years ago!
May 27  # 5 of 12
Were the drawers always worthless pieces of junk growing up or is that a new technology? :rolleyes: