Jun 28  # 1 of 5
Yep, its that time of year again. Time to start canning. Have finished the corn on the cob, its in the freezer. Canned tomatoes today. I make make some tomato preserves tomorrow. I am covered up with cherry tomatoes.CF:)
Todays Tomatoes.
CanningTomatoes.jpg
Jun 28  # 2 of 5
looks good - our tomatoes aren't ready yet - we're always the last for homegrown in this part of the country -
Jun 29  # 3 of 5
Those look great. We still are not getting ripe tomatoes here yet either. Lots on the vine but none ripe yet. The corn here still has quiet a way to go. We had so much rain early in the season everyone's gardens in this area will be late. Our farmer's market opens up this Friday. I am looking forward to it and hope to see a lot of people there. I have some zucchini bread in the oven right now. The first one from the garden. Jon's Dad generously gave it to me so I am making bread to take him today.
Jul 1  # 4 of 5
Very nice. Someday ours will be ripe also.
Jul 6  # 5 of 5
Looks wonderful! My garden has been producing an abundance of tomatoes. I gave a bunch away, made and froze 6 packages of pasta sauce and have been eating sliced tomatoes with just about every meal. I used to "help" my Mama with canning when I was little but have never attempted it myself. It's something I plan to do this year. I bought the Ball Canning Book and "I Can Can" from Better Homes and gardens. I hope you don't mind if I ask some questions if I run into any trouble.