Jun 18  # 1 of 6
Yeah right - I'm cool - I am melting in this heat!

But to try to get cool I've made some goodies. With this heat it's a perfect excuse to eat these goodies!! (I'm BAD!!)

Instructions (more like anything goes and use your imagination!!)

One cookie crust - purchased, or made, using a pie plate, 8 X 8-inch, 9 X 9-inch, 8--inch round, 13 X 9 X 2 - it just don't matter!! Crush cookies of any kind; it's your stomach. Place a layer in the pan(s).

Now you begin with softened ice cream, frozen yogurt, sherbet - your choice.

You can add more crumbs, brownies, cakes, snack cakes - you name it. Assemble, cover and freeze until serving time. Remove from freezer 5 - 15 minutes before serving - depending on whether you live in the tropics or Siberia! LOL

Just let the layering begin:

Crushed mint filled Oreos, mint chocolate chip ice cream, a layer of brownies (diced), another layer of mint chocolate chip ice cream, drizlle with chocolate syrup and top with chunks of mint filled Oreos.

Oreo cookies them selves go with just about anything - layer with your choice of ice cream, chopped nuts, syrup!

Graham cracker crust, strawberry ice cream, strawberry ice cream topping, fresh sl iced strawberries, more strawberry ice cream. "Dollop" softened ice cream in fancy swirls around the edge of the pan and stick a small strawberry in center of each.

Chocolate chips of any color/flavor make a good "crust", top with fudge swirl ice cream, a layer of double chocolate ice cream and top with chocolate syrup.

Butter crusts are good with butter brickle ice cream and butterscotch topping for a simple dessert.

Crushed Oreos with maraschino cherries set in a design for a crust, cherry vanilla ice cream, more crushed Oreos, another layer of cherry vanilla ice cream and top with maraschino cherries.

Use chocolate chip cookies, shortbread cookies, any sandwich cookies - like Nutter Butters!

I love crushed lemon cookies layered with lemon sherbet, sliced strawberries, another layer of lemon sherbet and strawberries on top.

Crushed malted milk balls are good too!! And use whole malted milk balls in your ice cream layers and on top.

And candy can be used - any fruit can be used.

How about Orange sherbet with kiwi slices and sliced strawberries???

It's hot - but I'm tyring to be COOL!

:p :p
Jun 19  # 2 of 6
I use a can of French onion soup in a lot of my recipes.
It's great for a quick sauce/gravy when making beef tips and
rice or cooking meats in the crockpot. Just a little flour or cornstarch
added to the liquid for a thicker gravy.

The Don
Jun 19  # 3 of 6
Quote The Don wrote:
I use a can of French onion soup in a lot of my recipes.
It's great for a quick sauce/gravy when making beef tips and
rice or cooking meats in the crockpot. Just a little flour or cornstarch
added to the liquid for a thicker gravy.

The Don

A can of French Onion soup (as well as other soups) can be a life saver in a pinch! And it really adds that little "special something" to a meal. And it does make a quick gravy!
Nov 15  # 4 of 6
These ice cream and cookie ideas are certainly tempting, I know I will have sweet dreams tonight - Raspberry and icecream and chocolate dreams!
I could get into alot of trouble with a capital "T" with these recipes..ie:
Trouble snapping that top button!:)
Trouble reading the scale!:o
Trouble with a little waddle when I walk!:rolleyes:
Nov 16  # 5 of 6
LOL - Cathy - 'tis the season!! Enjoy - and in January we will start eating sensibly!! But if you really want to indulge on the goodies - hide the remote so that you have to walk to change channels and get up and walk up and down some stairs during the commercials! Then you won't have any "T".