Aug 28  # 1 of 7
Grilled Banana Splits

* 12 large firm-ripe bananas, unpeeled, skins washed with detergent before using to remove residue
* 3 bars (4 oz. each) milk chocolate, broken into small pieces
* 1 tbsp. Safeway Cinnamon
* 3 pt. of your favorite Safeway SELECTâ„¢ Ice Cream
* 3 cups Lucerne® Whipping Cream, lightly sweetened to taste and whipped (optional)
* 3/4 cup chopped toasted walnuts (optional)
* 12 Safeway Maraschino Cherries (optional)

1. Prepare a gas or charcoal grill for direct, medium-high heat (you can hold your hand 1 to 2 in. above the cooking grate only 2 to 3 seconds; visit our Grilling Essential section for complete instructions).

2. While grill heats, cut into each unpeeled banana lengthwise, making a deep slit but taking care to avoid cutting all the way through. Slip pieces of chocolate into each pocket and sprinkle with some of the cinnamon. Wrap each banana in foil.

3. Lay bananas on cooking grate; cover gas grill. Cook, turning once, until soft when squeezed with tongs, about 10 minutes. Lift bananas onto a platter.

4. Carefully unwrap each banana and place on a plate with the cut side facing up. Top each with small scoops of ice cream; add a dollop of whipped cream, a sprinkling of walnuts, and a cherry, if you like.
Aug 28  # 2 of 7
hmmmm....sounds yummy I love Banana Spilts....but can't eat Bananas....my mouth breaks out in sores when I eat em.:(
Aug 29  # 3 of 7
We're going camping for Labor Day weekend and these sound like just the neatest dessert to have on a camping trip! Thanks for sharing TTot:)
Aug 29  # 4 of 7
banana split. LOL

Sounds wunnerful :)
Aug 30  # 5 of 7
:) Thanks for the recipe, I have all the ingredients to make it. I love bananas to. I haven't had a banana split for a long time with all that extra stuff. What a treat! Yum! Cookie :)