Oct 13  # 1 of 6
Well i just saw a really neat idea, to bake a round cake to decorate for haloween and have it in the perfect pumpkin shape, you can bake it in a glass pyrex mixing bowl! I thought that was a very nifty idea and so thought i would pass it along.

What other tips might some of you have for the up coming cleebration of trick or treat night?
Oct 13  # 2 of 6
You can also bake in a stainless steel bowl; also - for a nice big cake - make 2 bundt cakes - turn one upside down and place the other on top. Fill as desired and frost with orange icing/glaze/frosting. Make a stem - green chocolate dots melted and formed to fit. An old fashioned juice glass with the ridges ont he side works well - place plastic wrap inside, overlapping,, to pull out when hardened. Make green chocolate leaves to place around the serving plate and have some (assorted sizes) coming down one side of the cake.
Oct 14  # 3 of 6
Good suggestions Mama!!! Hey guys can't we all add more to this thread? I mean Halloween is approaching fast!
Oct 14  # 4 of 6
I made this last year and it was a hit with my neices and nephews.And it is easy to make.

Crispy Rice Jack-o-lantern

Ingredients:
1 Stick Butter
2 (10 oz). Packages Marshmallows
12 C. Rice Crispy Cereal
1 tsp. Yellow Food Color
1/4 tsp. Red Food Color
Green Decorating Icing in Tube
Black Decorating Icing in Tube
Decorating Tips
12 C. Bowl (not plastic)

Preparation:
Melt butter on low heat and add marshmallows. Stir marshmallows frequently. When marshmallows have dissolved, add food colors and mix well. When the marshmallow mixture is uniform in orange color add cereal and stir and mix until rice crispies are completely coated.

Pour mixture into the bowl that has been well sprayed with a non-stick spray. Carefully press down cereal (spray the spoon or your hands when pressing the cereal, this helps so the cereal will not stick). Place into the refrigerator until completely chilled and firm. When the pumpkin is chilled remove from refrigerator and invert onto a plate. Remove bowl and decorate with leaves and stem. A great jack o lantern smile will be the finishing touch.

The Jack-o-lantern makes a great centerpiece and a delightful treat.
Oct 14  # 5 of 6
This sounds so neat! Thanks for sharing it!