What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Homemade Vanilla Pudding

Who likes homemade pudding? I love a good made from scratch Vanilla Pudding, I like it warm or chilled and this is how I like to make it:

2 1/2 cups milk
1/3 c. sugar
pinch salt
3 tbsp. corn starch
2 egg yolks
1 tsp. real vanilla extract
1 tbsp. real butter

In a doulble boiler [top pot] mix sugar, corn starch, salt and sugar together slowly wisk in cold milk, place sugar/milk mixture on top of boiling water pot. Cook until hot and thickened beat egg yolks in a small coffee cup slowly pour hot pudding mixture into egg yolks until they are hot, then pour this into the pot and cook until mixture is completely blended add vanilla, and butter and cook additional few moments. Place into pudding cups cover with saran warp and chill.

You can also use this very rich and delicious pudding for making a banana pudding.

You know what one of our most popular breakfast specials was at the Kenai Princess Lodge up north, Cath? Thick-Cut Cinnamony French Toast topped w/ warm vanilla pudding, fresh raspberries and sprinkled w/ powdered sugar, w/ bacon on the side. Talk about YUMMY HEAVEN! :)

Back