Jun 3  # 1 of 2
Hi Everyone,

Sorry for my prolonged absence. Life has been a bit crazy these days...in a good way, thankfully!

While I was laying in bed sick the other day(s) I saw a show on doughnuts and that got me craving a really good doughnut. Sadly, I have yet to find a local good one. Any good doughnut recipes out there that are relatively simple? Oh and don't forget the glaze please. :) Thanks!!
Jun 3  # 2 of 2
how simple do you want it? bake or deep fry?? yeast???

6 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup raspberry jelly (or other jelly)
1 (12-oz.) can Pillsbury Golden Layers® Refrigerated Buttermilk Biscuits

Heat oven to 375°F. Place melted margarine in small bowl. In another small bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon; set aside. Stir jelly until smooth. Seal tip of large baster with foil. Remove rubber bulb. Spoon jelly into baster; replace bulb.

Bake biscuits as directed on can. Immediately dip each hot biscuit in melted margarine, coating all sides. Roll in sugar mixture, heavily coating all sides of each biscuit. Remove foil from tip of baster. Insert baster in side of each biscuit; squeeze small amount of jelly into center. (Refill baster as needed.) Serve warm or cool.

Keep one or two cans of refrigerated biscuit dough on hand. The generic or store brand works very well. Heat oil in a deep fat fryer or electric fry pan to 425 degrees F. Fill fryer only half full of oil, and make sure that it is back from the edge of the counter and that the cord is to the back so that no one will get burned.

Mix some cinnamon and sugar for rolling the doughnuts in. You may also use confectioners' sugar. Open the can of biscuits. Cut with a doughnut cutter to get the hole. If you don't have a doughnut cutter, cut the hole out with a well-washed detergent bottle lid or use a large thimble. Drop a few doughnuts at a time into hot oil, using tongs. Cook doughnut holes, too. Turn once to brown lightly on both sides. Lift out and drain on paper towels. Shake a few at a time in a paper bag to coat or roll in cinnamon-sugar or confectioners' sugar.

Glaze - Glaze with powdered sugar icing
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/4 tsp vanilla
milk or orange juice mix 1 tbsp at a time until you get the consistencey you want

2 cups Bisquick
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 egg
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Heat oven to 425 degrees. Mix Bisquick, 1/4 cup sugar, nutmeg, 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, sour cream and egg until soft dough forms. Gently smooth dough into ball on floured board. Knead 10 times. Roll dough 1/2" thick. Cut with floured doughnut cutter. Lift doughnuts carefully with spatula and place about 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake until golden brown, about 8 minutes. Mix remaining sugar and cinnamon. Immediately brush entire doughnut with melted butter, dip in sugar mixture, coating all sides. Served warm.