Aug 30  # 1 of 10
Hubby cooked french toast in an almost brand new skillet and burnt the heck out of it. It's stainless steel. I scrubbed for literally 15 minutes with an sos pad and it will NOT come off. Almost off, but not off. Any suggestions?
Aug 31  # 2 of 10
Somebody posted something on how to remove food, but this is different. I'm not sure burnt marks can go away. Why did this happen? I've used the same skillet for the past 5 years and it's never burnt.
Aug 31  # 3 of 10
Try baking soda and salt with a scrubbie.

He should have seasoned the pan first - oil the pan and heat it up, then place your oil or butter for whatever you are making.
Sep 1  # 4 of 10
To answer Kaabi's question.... LOL !!! Here goes.....
I got this new set of pans about 3 months ago. They all looked brand new still even though I used most of them at least once a day. Well.... hubby goes to make some french toast and I grab the griddle I usually use (an older pan that holds 4 pieces) Well...he had still not used the newer pans so I give him the skillet.

He gets it all heated up with his oil & everything and goes to put bread in and realizes that it only holds 1 piece of bread... well DUH! So he BLASTED the heat... and I kid you not, cooked 4 pieces of french toast in 1 minute 30 seconds... 1 piece at a time!!!!

I was in the room but didnt see what he was doing. He finishes, turns off the burner and says sorry about the pan. Just scrub it with an SOS pad. Well I did. Washed all my dishes in 5 minutes, then spent the next 15 srubbing that one dang pan. He even burnt part of the handle......

I tried the baking soda -- but had never heard of using salt along with it. Will have to give THAT a try.
Sep 1  # 5 of 10
banish him from your kingdom (kitchen!)