What's new
Cooking Forum

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Keep food from sticking

S

shannone

When I fry chicken or pork chops I alwasy have a problem with it sticking to the pan. I use a good nonstick skillet and it still dosent help. Does anyone have any tips to keep my meat from sticking when I turn it over?

Try putting a little bit of olive oil in the pan first, just enough to coat the bottom and sides if your having a problem there too. If I forget to put the oil in my pan, my pork chops always stick. I have a nonstick skillet too.

I "season" my pans - place a bit of oil in the pan and spread to coat; heat until hot, add a bit more oil to the pan, then add my meat. Works for me.

this happens to me everytime that I fry pork chops they always stick thanks for the suggestion I will give it a try.

By seasoning my meat doesn't stick - also if during the cooking process it begins to stick add a bit of water - not much - but just enough to prevent the meat sticking and not enough to boil your meat!

Use some oils to avoid sticking.
I do same when making roti.

Aren't there several nonstick products out there that work well? Butter has actually been working good for me.

Use some oils to avoid sticking.
I do same when making roti.

Use a heart healthy oil like olive or canola. Canola is probably better for frying chicken, but a light virgin olive oil would do a nice job too. Don't use any more oil then you need, even the heart healthy oils should be used sparingly.

I know the question here was about a non stick skillet, but I have to add that love the Reynolds Non-Stick Aluminum Foil. If you haven't tried it yet, then go out and get some. We use it for baking and broiling foods. You'd be amazed by this stuff. I have to rate this foil at 10 on a scale of 1 to 10.

I was given a roll of that stuff recently, and I loved it too. I don't normally line my baking pans because they are new, but it works good when you buy big packages of meat like at Sam's Club or Costco, and then break them down into smaller meal sized packages to freeze. The foil just peels completely away from the frozen meat, instead of leaving little pieces that you have to pick at with a knife. It is amazing.

When I cook chicken or pork chops in a skillet I always start with just a couple of teaspoons of olive oil.

Use low heat when cooking meat or u can sprinkle a little flour on the meat so it wont stick

I always use butter on the bottom of the pan when I fry my chicken. It usually helps. If anything does still get stuck, I just soak my pans before I try to wash them.

Back